Tue, Oct 22, 10:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:16 am)

Subject: Hats & Hair problem

Nebula ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 10:56 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:21 AM

file_245689.jpg

I think my question is obvious (hehe). Is there any way to turn off the hair coming out of the hat? This is the Fedora hat from Poser, MWFlipHair from DAZ and the awesome new character from Maira, the stunning and beautiful Melina. Sorry for the advertisement but I just have to say how much I love this character!! I highly recommend you go check her out. Some fantastic work but this artist! She also has some awesome pose set too! http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=5730 Thanks to everyone for your time, Nebula

eirian ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 11:12 AM

The best solution I've found is simply to render it twice: once with both hat and hair, once with just the hat. Then fix it in postwork. Of course, that's no help if you're doing animations :-)

Nebula ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 11:18 AM

Geez, I just posted this thing! haha That was fast! That's a great idea! I will try messing around with that. If I get it, I'll post the results. Thanks a bunch!! Nebula

Kiera ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 11:34 AM

And, as someone pointed out recently, if you render as a tiff or PSD file there is an alpha channel of the figure already, so that should make selection easier.

markdc ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 1:44 PM

Attached Link: http://poserutils.tripod.com/poserutils.html

file_245691.jpg

You could also try to use the grouping tool to assign all the hair under the hat to a new material and make it completely transparent. If you try it, let me know if it worked.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 3:12 PM

You very seldom see hats on Poser figures, maybe this is why! When I did the Hollywood hair set I did a morph to fit the beret that comes with it, it was just made with a magnet, you could do the same- just get th ehair inside the hat.

Nebula ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 3:44 PM

file_245693.jpg

I tried what Eirian had suggested. Here's what I came up with. It's really depressing to find out how little I know about Photoshop. hehe But I got there. I would like to know more about alpha-channel stuff Kieraw mentioned tho. These magnets are great too but I just can't seem to get the hang of them good enough yet. But I think I'll give it a try too. Again, I really appricate everyone's help! Nebula

Cheryle ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 8:50 PM

a great book (in my opinion) is photoshop channel chops. It covers alpha channels very well. best photoshop book i have bought. It was written for photoshop4 but i still use it today.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.