Thu, Oct 10, 10:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: problems with character "avery" from magnet

aleks ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 9:56 AM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 10:17 AM

file_245682.jpg

you see what is the problem: bad map alignment on fingers & nails, bad texturing of the upper hand (knuckles being on the wrong place and only two of them), blending between hand and forearm, seams on the forearm, seams on the thumb (not visible here). tell me is it my fault? i just load the avery character from the characters menue. do i have to adjust somehow the textures? does anybody else have trouble with "avery"?

aleks ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 9:56 AM

file_245683.jpg

and his palm:

Eowyn ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 10:28 AM

Hmmmm. I've got magnet's Alex texture set and I love it... but yes, I can see what your problem is. Especially those clear seams look bad to me. Maybe contact magnet himself and ask if he could make an update for his customers?

aleks ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 10:34 AM

eowyn, thanks for the response. i don't know how to get to him. can't send IM - probably deactivated, his edress isn't in his store. avery's face looks really good, but i need zoom on hands. do you know some other good texture for michael? thanks!

Eowyn ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 10:40 AM

If you don't mind paying, Syyd's "Kane" (available at Daz3d) is one of the best I've seen. Also StefyZZ's Edo (MarketPlace) is very good I've heard but I don't have it myself. I don't have magnet's email address either, but maybe he'll see this thread and contact you.

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 10:44 AM

Quim Abella's Paco is incredible! I've set him as my default texture for Michael. I haven't noticed any seam problems with him, but I haven't really zoomed in on his hands to see, although his hands do look a little scarred somehow. I just airbrushed it a bit in Photoshop and they look fine now. Melanie

aleks ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 11:19 AM

thank you ladies! i've checked "kane" and he seems to have his knuckles also "shifted" towars the back of his hand. paco's textures seem to be a tad to low-res for my needs (i need 12"x12" printable shot!), so i'll think i'll go for stefyzz's edo. her last picture convinced me. thanks again!! :-)

Cin- ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 12:34 PM

A bit off topic, but I've noticed that with at a lot of photo realistic textures. It's just so hard to get those seams to line up exactly right. That's why I prefer either a 100% hand painted texture, or one that has elements of both. It makes it easier to be seamless.

whoopdat ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 12:39 PM

Well, DAZ put Mike 2 textures up a couple of weeks ago, and there is the high res version available. Looked into that one yet?

aleks ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2001 at 1:12 PM

yep, whoopdat, checked that as first! dunno, looks a bit ummm... too smooth. the popup is also too small to make an judgment. thanks anyway :-)

duanemoody ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 12:34 AM

Some of us have worse problems. My heart and life lines run parallel on both palms; I didn't realize until high school how unusual this is. Of course, I had to shoot my mouth off about this my freshman year of college, whereupon the person sitting across from me opened her palms to demonstrate the same mutation.

magnet ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 12:39 AM

I don't understand 8 )

duanemoody ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 11:25 AM

file_245685.jpg

The heart and life lines are supposed to come from opposite sides of the palm, then one branches upward and fades and the other branches downward and fades. Instead, mine run parallel all the way through, making my right palm look like a 7 with a thin bar above it.

magnet ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 11:38 AM

ROFL... Hey Duane, is this a bad thing? You are right... it is a bit unusual (I think). I don't think your hand is 3d rendered though is it? I just want to make sure that you know that "Avery's" hand is a part one of my 3d characters. Oh, and Aleks, I fixed the texture and sent you and email, and IM.

duanemoody ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 11:58 PM

My point was, if I use my own palms as models for a future Vicky/Mike texture, someone's going to complain they aren't realistic. I can probably retouch the lines in Photoshop to bend like they do for most of the population.

magnet ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 12:18 AM

LOL!!! I thought you were being sarcastic, but didn't want to be presumptuous. Aleks does have a valid issue though, so I am working with him to resolve it. I totally appreciated your humour though after this 13 hour day of work... 8 ) Now I have to go home and try to get packed for our trip... aye ya ya! 8 ) Brandon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.