Wed, Oct 2, 10:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: I just joined Poserworld

ronknights ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 5:36 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 4:16 PM

My wife gave me an early Christmas Present. So far I've received the initial receipt, and am waiting for information on how to get to the subscription area. We'll likely go out shopping in a few minutes. I expect most likely the necessary information will be in my email inbox sometime tonight?!

Cheryle ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 7:18 PM

it should be- they were very quick with mine- i was expecting to wait for a day but it was way less than that- and that was on a weekend too! and congrats on joining- they have some very beautiful stuff there . its amazing...

Irish ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 7:40 PM

You won't be sorry! Best money I ever invested on the internet and for poser! :) Irene

Roy G ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 8:32 PM

I just recently joined also. You won't belive how much stuff is there.

Lorraine ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 8:56 PM

oh you have received a very nice gift!...they are very quick at getting you set up and they have wonderful things there for you to use.

ronknights ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 10:50 PM

Yes, I am in the midst of a downloading spree. I bought myself another 50 blank cd's just in case, grin. This is absolutely the most fabulous source of Poser materials I've seen to date. I got my money's worth in the first 15 minutes of downloading scenes alone!!!! Scenes were my first downloads, and now I'm downloading clothes. I am not getting paid for this commercial. But I say if you have any money at all to spare, spend $50 on a year's membership at Poserworld. You may not spend any money anywhere else.

VirtualSite ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 12:17 AM

Whoa, boy! They only have so much bandwidth at PoserWorld, so take it a little easy with the downloading. Like you, I went a little nuts at the beginning and immediately regretted my hoggishness because I was cutting into someone elses time in there. The stuff isnt going anywhere. Take it easy and pace it out. I'm sure Rena and Steve will be very grateful.

ronknights ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 12:46 AM

Well I doubt I will fill the whole 50 cd's in one day.

Cheryle ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 1:00 AM

if you do-i am calling your wife and having her take you to the doc ;P poser addiction and poserworld addiction can be very very detrimental- i mean you already have a lot of the symptoms... dreaming about modelling//morphing//conforming and textures,.. subscriptions to poser sites, .. hanging out here ;P wait- i think you are too far gone-

jenay ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 5:18 AM

hi - also decided to subscribe - incredible stuff as i saw on the preview pages. one question: could this stuff be used only for private or also for commercial artwork ??

ronknights ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 7:00 AM

I think I already answered that question in an IM. I didn't bother to read the rules at the beginning, since I used common sense, and am not doing any commercial work just yet. Here is a quote from the rules: "You may use any downloadable content without any royalties due provided you do not download our content and sell it for profit (ex: create a CD ROM of our content and resell it), anything you download and distribute must be used in a project, scene, etc. You may not create derivative works of our content, you must modify it for your own use (in a scene, etc.)." Sounds good to me.

steveshanks ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 1:26 PM

Glad you like it gang :o) :o) makes it all worthwhile o:).....Sure you can Jenay just use it as you would the stuff that comes with poser or from DAZ :o)......Steve

FanDancer ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 6:58 PM

I have a subscription to poserworld also..and truely love it..I also buy from here and Daz..and am currently saving up for subscriptions to about three other sites..LOL..gawd talk about an addiction.:)Now, If I can just DO something with the things I buy.LOL:)Or better yet give off my carcass and finsh the models I've been working on myself.

Kiera ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2001 at 1:52 PM

This gushing thread convinced me. I went over and looked at all the previews and the quality looked so superb that I subbed. I can't wait to see the site. =)

ronknights ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2001 at 3:23 PM

If you are impressed by the previews, you'll like the Subscription section even better. They did a good job on organizing and layout in the subscriber's section. It's really neat!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.