Fri, Sep 20, 6:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Newt's Freestuf Jeans

ArmoredGideon ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 11:11 AM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:03 AM

Hi all! I just downloaded Newt's Lowcut Jeans from the Freestuff Section and I think they're great. The only thing is When I load the them in Poser they appear with quite a few small, jagged holes through the hip section of the material. I want to know if anyone else has had this problem and if there's any way to fix it? Thanx in advance:)

pendarian ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 11:15 AM

Make the hip section invisible on your character if you can, or if you can't, then clone the jeans to cover the jagged holes if possible. :)

420Toker ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 1:22 AM

I get the same thing. It seems as if the object itself is cut or incomplete.....

dkirk ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 8:50 PM

Same here. I also have Papu's "Flares" which work fine, but Newt's Jeans have holes in the hip section. Hiding Vicki's hips only cause the background to show thru. Had this happen with other figures and so far no love from any of the Curious patches.

Newt ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 2:03 AM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com/products/proPack/html/proPackServiceRelease3.html

Several people mailed me with this problem. The fix was identical for both Mac and PC. The problem comes from a bug in the unpatched version of Poser Pro-Pack. In every last case applying the patch (at the time it was version 2) fixed it right away.

Not sure what the cause of the probelm is in Pro-Pack, but in every last case this fixed it.

Hope this helps. Glad you enjoy them. I'm planning on releasing a "new" version, but have been very busy...

Newt

Newt ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 2:13 AM

Sorry, dkirk, I didn't see that the patches didn't help you. Not sure what else will work. It worked everytime in the past (v1 and 2 of the patches), but my sample size was not too big. I can try to re-create them in Pro-Pack, but I re-installed Poser with no Pro-Pack (the version for the Mac is quite buggy and doesn't allow for the use of "compressed" -- or whatever they're called, copyright safe -- morphs), so it might be a while. Newt

dkirk ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 7:55 AM

Thanks for the reply Newt. I'll try reinstalling everything to see if this helps - I just did a backup so the only thing I'll lose is an hour or so of my time. By the way - great job on the pants.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.