Sat, Sep 21, 9:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Hello Poser ppl.

Maygen ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 9:14 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:39 AM

hello poser pros. i am intrested in poser but not quite sure where to start. can anyone point me in the right direction? any advice on a jump start or perhaps some tutorial recommendations would be much appreciated. Maygen

Nance ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 10:32 PM

There's a good tutorial selection collected here, but more specific recommendations kinda depends on what you might wanna do... -Join all the forums & mail lists & cruz around. -Search this forum for just about any topic, and someone has probably already asked a similar question (few, if any ever go unanswered) -Wander through the Galleries and FreeStuff, find some work you like and go pester the author for info! Actually, most folks are eager to relate their torturous, yet clever, creative efforts. -Play!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2001 at 4:01 AM

Best thing in my opionion is play with it first, read the manual, although not the best, it does explain the basics that everyone seems to understand, then let the questions begin. Like Nance said there are lots of great tutorials depending on what you need at that time, I am sure you will find one that suits you. Sharen

ronknights ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2001 at 6:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com/products/poser4/index.html

You haven't told us if you have Poser yet. At any rate, the first stop for anyone who has Poser, or is interested, is the home of Poser, Curious Labs. If you get Poser, you want to be sure that you have the Poser update as well.

Maygen ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2001 at 3:55 PM

Weeeelll, I have poser now, I got it a few days ago. I've read the manual I've gone through the site and I've learned most of the basics. My main problems is this, I've downloaded some things: hair, poses, etc. and I also have the Victoria cd...the thing is I cant seem to figure out how to actually use those for my figure yet. errr maybe the the technically correct way of putting it would be i dont know how to import them into Poser so that they are in my libraries and when I search for them I cant find them after I've installed them. I dont think Im taking the right steps in doing so and the manual reads like my vcr manual, and I have to tell you the timer on my vcr still isnt set :P. I just installed my vicotria cd and cant find a thing.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2001 at 4:53 AM

Usually those files like Victoria are self extracting, did you look in your libraries in Poser? Click Figures and then click the little arrow at the top for the menu to drop down and see what else you have in your figures library. Sharen

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.