Fri, Oct 25, 7:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Happy Holidays, everyone!

brittmccary ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 8:11 AM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 7:23 AM

file_248945.jpg

Christmas stress got to me the week before Christmas! And I couldn't visit as much as I wanted! In addition to the "normal" Christmas stress, I discovered that I had accidently erased some of my favorite photograpies in my last "format D" operation. Luckily my son in law has them on HIS hard drive, - so he'll burn a CD and mail them to me! Phew! I thought sharing a photo of the virgin and child would be an appropriate way of wishing you a merry Christmas. (for us Scandinavians the Christmas has just begun! *lol* It doesn't end till well into the new year). I took this picture in Notre Dame de Paris in May this year. No flash light, - and only applying a little blur on the background in Photoshop. It's taken with my Digital Sony camera. Again. I hope you all are having some peaceful and fun days, - and that Santa treated you well this year. Britt

brittmccary ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 12:47 PM

:) Thank you Alpha! Hmm... next time I go on a trip... will be Norway and probably Russia this summer. ;) Britt

NBD ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 1:30 PM

Great image very well lit. Do we get to see all those Luciafest candles in your hair now...LOL NBD

brittmccary ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 2:10 PM

lol NBD... I'm afraid my HAIR would be very well lit, if I posed as a St. Lucia!!! Thanks for your kind comments, though! :) Britt

nplus ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 3:01 PM

I want to go to Norway....take me ,take me. Beautiful shot btw. I got the chance to play with one of sonys digi cams this weekend. I wasn't too impressed. Obviously, you know how to use yours. Keep shooting, and hit the pressure relief valve on all that holiday stress. ....and don't forget to take me to Norway.

brittmccary ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 4:40 PM

nplus... so you want to go to Norway, hmm??? :) Lots of stuff to take pictures of, that's for sure! I think that the digi can's are still in their infancy technologywise. I started out with the first Casios that came on the market. Horrible, horrible. lol So the Sony is a big step forward. I still miss my old Pentax though... and Santa must have thought I'd been bad or sumphin. Because I didn't get one! Britt

Syyd ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2001 at 10:44 AM

My goodness thats a hell of a shot.......Just gives me a great feeling to see it, and where you took it......Happy holidays to you, and you've been a wonderful and welcome addition to our forum. Syyd

brittmccary ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2001 at 12:55 PM

Thank you, Syyd! To be honest I was a bit surprised with the outcome, - after all the large church is pretty dark, - but the statue was close to a window, - and there was light coming through that. So I took a chance. :) It was a sunny day too, - so I think that helped a lot for the light. And I'm the one who should tank you and Alpha. You two are doing such a great job with this forum! Britt

Antoonio ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2001 at 5:14 AM

Happy new year for you too. And dont go to Norway, come to Finland, Fiiiiinlaaaand. ;oP There are pretty amazing places in northern parts of our country too. Shot is really nice, that light is really beautiful. Would like to see bigger version of that. .n

JordyArt ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2001 at 2:35 PM

Man, that's a great pic - and of something I remember well even after a number of years.... The Louvre didn't impress me much (overhyped), but stepping into Notre Dame.....I loved that place. Oh, and the underground...... I've still got my Instamatic picture of the centre of Paris around somewhere, coz I saw it a few weeks ago during a clearout. Btw, smuggle me into Russia when you drop that lot off in Norway! Cheers! (",)

brittmccary ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2001 at 8:55 PM

:) You guys are so nice to me! Antoonio I'll see if I can post a larger version on our server, - and send you the url to it. :) And as for me goting to Finland! I wish! But even living that close to you guys for most of my life has never brought me over those borders.! A shame is what it is. However, - I suspect that the kids would stump their feet and yell REALLY loud if I went to Finland this summer and not to visit with them! lol JordyArt :) In a "way" I felt like you in the Louvre. Yet, there were definately pieces of art that facsinated me to no end. I just wished I had had more time there (without the hordes of tourists... g Hey... I'm not a tourist. I'm ... uhm... I'm... :) I really do hope that we'll get to go to Russia. If we do, we'll go with a native, - married to an American. She still has her appartment in Moscow, - and I think that will be the neatest way to visit for the first time. That's how I like to travel :) Britt

Antoonio ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2001 at 1:56 AM

Britt, use photoshops "save for web" -optimizator(is that a word?), and post the piece here. It can pack pics pretty good without losing details&colors too much. AND, if you go to Moscow, be sure to take those riverboat trips there, never been in Moscow myself(have been in Russia many times), but my buddies sister lives there and said that besides Red square, its one of those must-seens. Russia is really beautiful country, weird, old, massive and beautiful, Photographers dream. Believe me guys. .n

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.