Thu, Sep 19, 3:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: What a bummer !!!

kingmidas ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2002 at 7:42 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:40 PM

file_252777.jpg

I was working on this image when my PC locked up and the whole thing was lost. I forgot to SAVE. :(

tradivoro ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2002 at 8:44 PM

Well, all you have to do is keep repeating the mantra "alt-f-s" and do it every 2 minutes... :) But it looks great... AT first I thought that this post was by PA902...

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2002 at 9:01 PM

OUCH! I know what you mean.....always always always save..... Very nice picture, BTW.

nathany ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2002 at 10:14 PM

Ouch indeed. :( I hope one day my WIP looks that good :). I like the shadows on the rocks... extra details.

droyd ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2002 at 10:39 PM

Dont feel too bad, I just lost about 5 weeks worth of work split between 4 or 5 different projects just because I was too dumb to back up my files. I've learned my lesson.

Varian ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 12:24 AM

Like Andy said, things could be much worse. At least you have an image to show for the lost file. I've learned that if I don't save regularly, that is like asking Vue to crash, yikes! Ao I CTRL+S a lot, every time I make a satisfying change and before I render a preview to see how it's coming along. :)

nathany ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 1:30 AM

Yah. But I can see how one could get so caught up creating an image in Vue that they forget to save. :) Maybe add an auto-save backup feature to the wishlist forum. - n8

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 4:05 AM

Just wonderful-Sharen

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 6:12 PM

wow. at least you have a pretty screen shot for your scrapbook. it came out very nicely. i thought ctrl-s was save. ;) well, since it is better to save to two alternating files, or to progressive files, save as is really the way to go. SAVE OFTEN!!!!!!!!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.