Sat, Sep 21, 2:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: rendering beardmaps on Michael

fuli42 ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2002 at 12:09 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:32 PM

file_254381.jpg

Sounds easy, but the skin always comes out red, and some parts of the head are not rendered, as you can see on the attached image. Please could anyone point me to a solution? I am using Poser 4 Enhanced with Pro Pack, running on Windows 98. The head texture is one of "Michael Beard Maps", the figure is Michael itself, and "texture applies to entire figure" is turned on. Thank you

bjbrown ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2002 at 12:29 PM

Do you have your material colors set to white? The material color will darken the texture if not set to white.

fuli42 ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2002 at 1:02 PM

file_254382.jpg

Yes, thank you, the skin color is now much lighter. The eyebrows, and lashes still stay unrendered (white on the image). This is the bigger problem. Any ideas on this?

ronknights ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2002 at 1:14 PM

Attached Link: http://www.ronknights.com/tutor/

file_254383.jpg

OK, it sounds like you could benefit from some insight into using texture maps. Believe me, I needed lots of help not too long ago. I used those insights to create some tutorials. You can start with my Tutorial Index page. You should find a tutorial covering the basics of textures, and then one that shows all the proper settings for Michael's textures. You will get Michael's skin looking right, and get rid of those ghastley white eyebrows.

fuli42 ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2002 at 1:23 PM

Thank you, i will get to it right now! I've just started using poser less than a week ago..

ronknights ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2002 at 1:56 PM

Hey, friend, don't feel bad. I bought Poser version 1 in 1996, and never got anywhere with it. Then I got Poser v 4.03 last year, and finally learned something, thanks to my friends here, and the 3D Comic Collective!

VirtualSite ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2002 at 1:59 PM

BTW: if you make a change in the texture window to a specific part of the model and then click the "texture applied to entire model" button, it wont comply, not until you apply something else and then re-apply the texture you actually want.

bjbrown ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2002 at 2:08 PM

I immediately knew what was wrong with your application of skin textures because I think I posted the exact same question in this forum about eight months ago.

ronknights ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2002 at 2:16 PM

file_254385.jpg

I just thought of something. Do you have the Michael 2 textures from DAZ? If you do, they should have MAT Pose files which would take care of the textures for you. You just go to the Pose folder, and look for the MAT Michael 2 folder. I've included a screenshot for your convenience.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.