Sat, Sep 21, 1:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: As 3D artist we all lose.....

Sprout ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 1999 at 2:23 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:56 PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.. but we as a 3D community have just lost 2 GREAT resorce sites. Due to the inconsiderate acts that some people have displayed( for those of you who are unaware see the complaints forum on the list menu at right of page) by disreguarding others rights of copyright. The Poser Props Modelers Guild and Trimax's Digital Studio have pulled their sites due to this disregard. Personaly I dont agree but I more than understand their reasons. They are "were" two great sites for finding what we needed and now we have lees rescorces to pull from. I also take this Personally because These are the same folks who helped me get started a few months ago in the 3D Arena. All I ask Is that you help me show support to these fine people by letting them know how much a value their site's are to this community. I will be personally E-mailing the People who caused this, DAILY if i have to to get them to respond and pull "others" unauthorized work from thier pages....

Sprout ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 1999 at 2:38 AM

Appologies in advance Jack and others. I felt this was a "Poser" related issue so if I have mistakenly placed it in the wrong forum, I didn't know where else this might go. PS: I will be Posting the "other " peoples E mail( not at this site) soon so anyone whio may want to express thier opinions to the offenders may do so, and this has also happened to one of our Bryce members recently. Mad with a Passion

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 1999 at 4:16 AM

Sprout, Hey Don't appologize to me, I have already contacted the person responsible for this and notified him that he can expect to hear from our lawyer soon. Damn if I know how I will pay for it, but if it comes down to it, I will push this forum's full weight to see him pay for the theft that he's committed. I will be posting this moron's e-mail under the Latest News section, I ask that everyone please, let your voice be heard about this issue. If this person continues, I may have to take down the freestuff section untill he ceases his theft... If you wish your voice to be joined with ours you can e-mail him at: webmaster@the3dstudio.com Thank you Jack

LoboUK ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 1999 at 5:35 AM

Sprout I agree fully with your sentiments, and this is the ideal place to have posted them. I also endorse your actions in e-mailing this.... person to get him to acknowledge the real creators of the meshes he's offering. Jack I know others have said this, but you go get this moron and get him hard. I feel as strongly as you about this and am willing to pitch in financially if needed to see this goniff put down hard. Paul

kamilche ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 1999 at 6:58 AM

Ooh. What happened here? I've been out of it for a while, just stuck my head back in here to see what's up with the whole Metacreations thing.

Foxhollow ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 1999 at 7:22 AM

I'm really sorry to hear that TriMax and Virus have shut their sites due to the mesh stealing this other site is partaking in. It seems a bit harsh to shut the legal locations for these meshes, leaving the "Scum's" site as the only location for people to go to. This will only promote the "illegal" act and "encourage" people to go there. I haven't gone thru this site as yet to see if any of my meshes might be there, but I do have things at the Props Guild which are affected by these site closings. Hopefully, this is a temporary situation... As a side note, Autodesk is the most active company on earth in the war against software piracy. They are the ones to direct your email to reguarding this offense, as they appear to be the main sponsor of this site. I'm sure they will not be pleased to know THEY are promoting the Piracy of other's work! Foxhollow

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 1999 at 9:27 AM

Looks like he heisted several of Baumgarten's models also.

Morbid ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 1999 at 12:20 PM

Jack, you can probably recruit some allies in the modelling community if you need to go after this a**hole. I'm sure a few of those models are from the free section of Amazing 3D http://www.amazing3d.com/free/free.html .In fact, I'll lay odds their all culled from various sample sections. They ALL look familiar. They've just been converted to Max format. Post a notice to all the better model sites & I bet this jerk will be gone in a week. And broke.

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 1999 at 1:11 PM

Autodesk does not host that site.

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 1999 at 2:50 PM

I have already contacted Amazing 3D about the situation, it does indeed look like their pool table doesn't it?? Jack

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.