Sun, Sep 22, 1:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: An idea and some verbage.

Visitor42 ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2002 at 6:57 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:39 AM

I have been bustin' it lately at work and have had little to no time to visit. I'm sad. The light at the end of the tunnel is near. I can't see it yet but I sure hope it's near. I had an idea for something we might be able to do. A MINUTE IN THE LIFE OF PHOTO FORUM. There is so many cool folks here who live in cool places I thought it might be neat to all synchronize our watches and each take a shot at (approximately) the same minute on the same day. Then we could all post it to the same thread. What do you think? Any additions or ammendments? - Visitor

Finder ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2002 at 7:06 PM

That is a great idea! I'm all for it -- I'm in. Joe

Finder ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2002 at 7:16 PM

Wait-a-second. Some poor saps are going to hafta take their picture at, like, three-in-the morning!

Visitor42 ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2002 at 7:19 PM

Yeah I figured that. This would take a bit of cooridinations but I think we can make it work. We would have to see who gets involved and who wouldn't mind shooting at some wierd hour.

PunkClown ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2002 at 7:38 PM

Great Idea!! I'm in, and I've been doing rotating night shift on and off for most of my life...so I don't mind getting up at strange hours...the thing is...what do I shoot when it's dark? (actually I'm on night shift in 3 weeks time...so I could take a pic at work!)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2002 at 7:59 PM

Sounds interesting!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Rork1973 ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2002 at 8:18 PM

Love the idea....but we can always do it at the same local time, like everyone shoot at 1pm (for example). I mean, there's nothing special outdoors to shoot at night :P Unless it's the moon or something like that :)

Rork1973 ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2002 at 8:23 PM

Okay, was just thinking about what I wrote.....how about making a photo of what you are doing at that time ? And yeah, in that case I could make a pic of me sitting behind my desk in total darkness ;) Or something like that, you know..... I do really like the idea though =)

Visitor42 ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2002 at 8:25 PM

Rork1973 I thought of this but I really like the idea that we are going click at the same time. If it looks like a big inconvenience than your the way you suggested would be a good alternative.

Finder ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2002 at 8:56 PM

file_254756.jpg

Hey, I was up at all-hours for the last four consecutive aurora displays, AND the four-in-the-morning-local-time Leonid meteor shower! NO PROBLEM. "What - do I look like some kin'a WUSS to YOU?" (That's 5000 Amperes of current in the cables next to me.)

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2002 at 10:13 PM

I'm for it! In fact I believe I would be for it at even 3:00am. I'm sure I could find something interesting at time. =:-) > But the real question is when is a good time. Perhaps early morning is better. Than night though. If for no other reason than it would make for better photography. Finder- Hey I thouse were tubes of circulating water!! gook to know you told us. Bsteph

Finder ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2002 at 10:49 PM

file_254757.jpg

Oh yeah ..and I took this one at 3:30AM New Year's morning!

dreamsosweet ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 8:22 AM

Sounds like a cool idea to me - I'm up at all odd hours anyway, might as well be doing something constructive! :-)

Maygen ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 10:28 AM

Sounds cool I'm in.

JordyArt ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 6:08 PM

An excellent idea!! Why did no-one come up with this sooner? lol Count me not out. I finish work at 11pm, so even if it's early hours I'm probly still wide awake here. (",)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.