Fri, Sep 20, 11:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: BodyPaint3d

bobsmash ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 11:01 AM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 2:22 AM

I'm on a Mac and I'm going to buy a paintprogram for Poser. What should I get? BodyPaint is about half the price of DeepPaint, but is it as good? There was a tread on this subject a few weeks ago, maybe now some of you have tried out BodyPaint and can share your opinions. Thanks.//Mike

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 12:03 PM

Never heard of BodyPaint, what's their URL?

steveshanks ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 1:09 PM

its fantastic, i'm busy writing a review of it at the moment and haven't tryed the stand alone version but from what i've heard its just a copy of cinema 4d xl with BP built in and the modeling tools removed.......saying that though DP is great too and i've heard fantastic with the texture weapons but not out for mac yet?........Jeff its www.maxon.net .....Steve

jschoen ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 1:51 PM

It is available for the MAC. I got a Free demo CD at the MAC Expo last week. It has a stand-alone for Body Paint, which as I just took a look, it is Cinema 4D without the Cinema tools. It looks a bit daunting, but maybe a useful program. Deep Paint (is it for the MAC also?) is a program written exclusivly for its purpose. So I'd say it might be a better bet to go with (even for the extra money). But as a low cost solution BP may be the way to go. In my experience you really need a lot of ram and a powerful machine to make these programs work the way they're intended. To get any detail you must have a model on the screen at a large size to be able to really get into those tight spots. Painter 3D (or whatever the freebie that came with Poser was) was useless. For it only allowed a tiny model on wich to paint. And I have a powerful computer. James

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 7:10 PM

heyas; both deep paint and body paint have demos. try them out. :)

bobsmash ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 9:02 PM

Thanks. I found a demo for BodyPaint on a Computer Arts magazine cd. //Mike

sulian ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 8:48 AM

Finally, have you bought BodyPaint ? i'm go to buy BodyPaint for PC too

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.