Sun, Sep 22, 2:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Vickie Sings (Poser Silliness)

Impudicus Rex ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 12:08 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:42 AM

Attached Link: http://impudicus.virtualave.net/zexy.html

Hi y'all Do be a darling and check out my silly little clip of Victoria singing. Comments are appreciated.

wulfie66 ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 12:15 PM

What did you use for the lipsynching? Mimic? If so, how did you seperate the vocal track from the rest of the wav? I've been messing around with Mimic but everytime I try to do something like you did, which is a riot, Vicky's lips end up moving to EVERYTHING, not just the lyrics! :(

Impudicus Rex ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 12:49 PM

Yes... It is Mimic. Here's the secret... You'll need headphones, a microphone, and sound editing software. (the free recorder that comes with windoze should more than suffice) Whatcha gotta do is: Play the song you want your character to sing trough the head phones. Sing along into the microphone which is recording only your voice. OK don't actually sing... Speak the words... but make sure it's in time to the music. Launch mimic and load your voice. Generate the poses. Now open up the pose file with a text editor and swap out your monotonus monotone .wav file with the music .wav. (Just change the .wav file name that the pose file references.) I'm lucky enough to have a SBlive card that can handle recording and playback all at once. I know some sound cards will give you an error if you try this. You might have to use a seperate source for playback (like a portable CD player) while you record.

wulfie66 ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 1:20 PM

Now why didn't I think of that?! LOL

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 1:36 PM

Excellent!!
thanks for using quicktime
so us MAC user could see it also!!

My website

YouTube Channel

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 6:40 PM

That's pretty darn clever! Scarab

Impudicus Rex ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 6:42 PM

Thanks! :) Clever... But easier than it sounds!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.