Sat, Oct 5, 8:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Waiting for Michael and Vicky

Sue88 ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2002 at 6:44 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 2:55 PM

I ordered Michael 2.0 and Vicky 2.0 yesterday from DAZ. I was supposed to receive an e-mail telling me where to download them, but I still haven't received anything. How long does it usually take for the company to contact you? I'm anxious to play with them! :) TIA!

Jaager ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2002 at 6:51 PM

The e-mail is sent just as soon as your plastic clears, usually before you leave the site. First you get a link at the site that is good for a couple of minutes, and about that time, the e-mail comes in with the -what? 48 hr link. You may have given the wrong address. If you a payment method other than CC, don't know. The customer service there is excellent, problems have been cleared by phone with no trouble.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2002 at 6:52 PM

I purchased Michael 2 yesterday, also. I got a download link immediately (good for 5 minutes), and downloaded without any trouble. (And I was expecting trouble, what with it the weekend and all.)

nolaboy ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2002 at 7:02 PM

I believe you can call 1-800-267-5170, and they should be able to help...if not you will have to email tech@daz.com for assistance. Good luck, because I still haven't received a response from a question I sent earlier today.

Sue88 ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2002 at 7:20 PM

Thank you very much for your quick answers. Well, now I'm really sad because it seems that there's some problem then. :( I ordered with a credit card and I waited and waited but no link came up and on the bottom of the form it said "You will receive an email with a download URL as soon as verification has occured." So finally I got out. I did receive a confirmation of the order by email, but no download link. Today I sent the sales dept. (who sent me the confirmation) an e-mail, but no answer. :( Well, I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow (I don't think they're open now) and/or send another email, this time to tech@daz.com. Aaaargh! Thank you, everybody.

melanie ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2002 at 8:41 PM

Usually, your download is at the bottom of the last page you see when you make the transaction. The "Thank You" page or whatever. I never have to wait for an e-mail. I always download it while I'm still in the DAZ site. Although, I did have a problem a short time ago when the page never scrolled down far enough and I had to wait for the e-mail. It never came, so I e-mailed them and Reachel White sent me the link for it. They're very quick to respond when you e-mail them. You couldn't deal with a better company. They bend over backwards to please their customers. Melanie

Sue88 ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2002 at 9:39 PM

Thanks, Melanie. Which department did you e-mail? Sales, or tech, or something else? I have not received an answer to my e-mail that I sent today to the sales dept. :( I hope I can clear it up tomorrow. Sue

Barbarellany ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2002 at 10:51 PM

Go back into your account and look at what you have ordered. At the bottom of the receipt you may find your downloads. Basically you have to keep going back anyway when you have multiple downloads. I had trouble once a while ago and they extended the download. Tell them you never got the link. Write to the person who sent you the confirmation. Do it anytime day or night.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2002 at 6:41 AM

I had a problem with my first purchase from them and when I called to explain it, a person there established a temporary download area and password. I agree with others, their help is excellent. Of course, you probably have it by now...grin.

Sue88 ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2002 at 7:18 AM

Unfortunately I still don't have it. :( I checked my order information and for the "Status" it says "Pending". I'll call them today and hopefully I'll be able to resolve this issue. Thank you, everybody, for your kind help. I'll let you know about the results.

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2002 at 7:41 AM

Sue, it's the sales department you need to contact. Reachel White is the person who wrote back to me with a special link, as Chuck said above. They're just incredible to work with. And they're usually very quick to respond. The only time you have to wait for a reply is during the weekend. If you wrote on Saturday, they usually respond on the earliest business day, which should be Monday. They're pretty busy, though, or maybe the sales rep was not working that day. Give it another try. Melanie

Backs ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2002 at 8:15 AM

Strange. We had the same problem on one of our purchases. I e-mailed them, and they were very helpful. Even when we lost an original EXE a few months after buying it, they sent us a new link free of charge.

Sue88 ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2002 at 8:26 AM

I've just sent an e-mail to Reachel White (thanks, Melanie) and we'll see what happens. I hope that this time I'll get an answer. I'll let you all know! (Hopefully today ;) You are all so nice for caring. :)

Sue88 ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2002 at 5:13 PM

file_257479.JPG

I'm happy to tell all of you that I finally got a message from Reachel White and she set up a download area for me. Of course, I immediately downloaded the files and now I have them. :) They're great! I quickly threw together this picture for you to show my appreciation! But now I have a question: why is the resolution so low? I tried several pixel sizes, saved as jpg maximum quality, also as bmp, but the result is always a low resolution picture. What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much again, Sue P.S. Now I'll have to get some clothes and hair for poor guy. Can you imagine how cold it is out there by the river at night?

Sue88 ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2002 at 5:53 PM

Okay, I figured out the resolution question: I'll need to get some high resolution textures for them. I just used the default texture in the picture. (I only changed the colors.)

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2002 at 6:01 PM

Well, I don't get much of a chance to help 'cause I don't know much. But in the interest of getting a response to your resolution I can only say your first message didn't say you ordered any med/hi texture maps for him/them. I could be wrong...I've read so much on this site, I get confused...but I think there may be some free textures for them to be had. Of course you may have ordered the textures and just not mentioned it...hehe.

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2002 at 7:32 PM

Sue, there are several good textures in the free stuff here and at 3D Commune, as well as some of the other sites in the links list. Also, when you render, be sure to turn on antialias, which will smooth the edges. So glad you got your download. All DAZ needs to do is check your purchase history and they know you've already paid for it. They'll give you a new download if you need it. I've lost files and they've set up a download for me so I could get it again. Also, you can buy a CD with your entire purchase history on it. I've done that and it's great. Melanie

ronknights ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2002 at 7:48 PM

Sue88, you don't get any textures with Michael or Vicky. It's just colors. The textures are a whole different product. When you look at the work that goes into them, you can see why. I was lucky. DAZ put Mike 2 textures on sale awhile before Mike 2 even came out. I bought the textures first, then weeks later, bought Mike 2. Hey, I did the same for Vicky. I do believe there are some excellent free textures around somewhere. That will keep you going till you have more money. One tip about your past purchases: When you go to the DAZ site, look for something called Order History, and click on it. You need to be signed into the site first. You will see a record of all your past purchases. The list goes back several months at least. This is handy in case you need an invoice number, etc.

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2002 at 9:08 PM

The standard resolution maps for Michael are only $19.95. Wait until DAZ has another sale and you can get it for much lower. I have the standard res ones and they look great. Also, you might find some good, inexpensive textures in the Marketplace. Melanie

Sue88 ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2002 at 9:32 PM

Yes, I knew that Mike and Vicky would not come with textures. I figured that I'd wait for a sale. ;) I've been looking around and found some very good texture maps in the free section here and on other websites. Thank you everyone for all your help and the tips! Sue

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.