Sun, Oct 6, 7:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Listen Everybody!!!

Hell^Dog ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 10:53 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 2:55 PM

Hey, its me again, the annoyng Hell^Dog. First of all, Merry Xmas :) The following message goes to all the modelers/artist who have ever posted something to this forum. Im working to make a comic book, using Poser, Canoma, Painter3D, Bryce, etc. Its going to be the first 3D Comic made in Mexico (My homeland). As i said many times in the past, i have no real 3D skills, im just a "poser" with a story. Is not a bussines, just a dream i always had during the last 4 years of my life. Here comes the best part. Do u guys/girls mind if i use any model/texture/hair/prop posted in this forum? I wish i could contact each one of yours, but Jesus, there are too many!!! Please, let me know i i can or not use something made for you. Of course, I will give full credits for every model/texture/hair/prop used on every issue. I understand how hard u work, thats why i ask ur permission to use them. All the opinios will be respected. If u want more information about anything, feel free to e-m@l me at arvega@prodigy.net.mx Thanks. Da Hell^Dog

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 11:03 PM

You are most welcome to use any of my work posted to this forum for free in non commercial applications. As indicated in your message a small credit would be appreciated. I wish you every success with this project. Regards PhilC

tlaubach ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 11:47 PM

yeah.. definately use my stuff.. I love it when something that I created is part of a really cool image/story/web site... anything really... go for it!

Stormrage ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 11:58 PM

You can use anything of mine (its free of use restrictions) Stormrage

Dave ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 3:12 AM

Some of us do offer character creation services. All you gotta do is ask and I'll try and quote a fair price. Dave

Traveler ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 6:58 AM

My stuff is free of use restrictions (commercial or non) so knock yourself out :) -Trav

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 8:48 AM

did you get anything from poserworld if so use it freely........Steve

Ikyoto ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 9:25 AM

Go nuts. The only thing I ask is that you post the URL so we can see what you've done.

pack ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 12:12 PM

I never did alot to stake claim to, but it's great to see the majority of us have no restriction on use of their creations. Understandable limitations to selling actual geometry or textmaps, but I never understood limiting use of the rendered images..... It seems rare, if ever, anyone is seen to make significant income from using Poser. We need to encourage any efforts by anyone to explore the commercial possibilities. The web is big enough for everyone to carve their niche, even if the same things. My .02. Regards, Pack

scott ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 12:41 PM

I agree 2000% Pack. I absolutely hate this restriction stuff. My stuff is absolutely free for any use. Even commercial. Although. I seriously doubt any of them are good enough for that. -ScottA

-renapd- ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 4:28 PM
Site Admin

You are also most welcome to use anything you find interesting at FairyWoods..(and there's lots of stuff there!) :o) renapd

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

nerd ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 6:07 PM
Forum Moderator

Me too! All I ask is credit if you use any of my toys.

Ikyoto ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 6:41 PM

Uh... nerd? Do you care how I use your toys? And do want them back if their still sticky?

nerd ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 7:23 PM
Forum Moderator

Eeewww. No, just keep them. Where ever it is that you keep them.

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 8:24 PM

I've posted a few things, and there's more to come. If any of it strikes your fancy, feel free to use it for your comic book. If it nets you tons of money, well, I wouldn't say "No" if you insisted I take a share of it. ;-) Only restriction: I want to see the final results. Of course, I'd love to see the results anyway, even if you don't use any of my stuff.

-renapd- ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 1999 at 7:22 AM
Site Admin

Hell^dog, I was in much of a haste last night and I forgot to mention in my message that what I give you access to use is only the items made by ME - which means textures mostly! Sorry if I didn't make that clear before, but I think you can easily understand that I don't have authority over the props and other items that my friends have allowed me to use so generously on my creations - for those you will have to get their permission TOO! It's the fair thing to do! :o) renapd

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

KenS ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 1999 at 1:36 PM

Only restrictions my stuff carries is that the materials(textures/models, etc) are not to be redistributed in a usuable form. Make all the pictures you want with them, sell em for $1,000.00 each if ya want. Just please dont redistribute the source files. FT

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.