Sat, Sep 21, 3:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: I need advice...

APFrey ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 7:11 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:28 PM

I whipped up this "online portfolio" for my work. The work that is currently posted there is just temporary until I decide what I really want.

My question is, can anyone tell me what I could do to it to make it better. It's missing something. Or maybe it should be as clean as it is...

www.andrewfrey.net

APFrey ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 7:54 AM

file_258090.jpg

Does this look any better than the one on the web page?

dreamsosweet ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 8:32 AM

I like this one better - more interesting and more "personal".... :-)

bevchiron ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 11:36 AM

I think Sweet has a point , this one is more personal but I like the simplicity of the one on the web page, my eye went straight to the photo (especially the way that eye stared out at me as it loaded!) & then to your text. Held my attention enough to want to browse : )

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

Maygen ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 1:13 PM

Thats a nice design you have there Andrew. I like the "simple" one best. This one is very nice design wise but I think it may take the focus away from your portfolio.

gunsan ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 4:23 PM

I prefer the website as it is. The photo is strikingly beautiful and draws your attention immediatly, and keep it there. The other one is good to, but it is something about the many round forms (the silhuette of the photographer, the handwriting and the PHOTOS logo) that are a little bit to much. The original one has the right contrasting elements, it is clean and great. I am not so accustomed to putting words to my feelings but I hope you understand what I mean.

PunkClown ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 4:27 PM

I like the "Retro" feel of both of them, especially the typefaces you've used! The one on the web is less distracting in it's smplicity. Although I like the personal touch, in this case, you're promoting your talent as a photographer, so I feel that should be the main focus! :-)>

APFrey ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 5:56 PM

Great advice everyone. Anyone else care to comment? Now, If I could just get a job!... Andrew

APFrey ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 5:58 PM

BTW... Do you think the temporary photos I posted on my portfolio are strong enough to become permanent ones? Thanks

starshuffler ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 2:36 AM

Okay, here's my two cents worth: -On a design viewpoint, I would recommend that you use 3 fonts maximum, as it disturbs the eye a lot, and that maybe using brushscript as a font isn't really a good idea. I like the font you used for "last" and "next", maybe it would be better if you used something like that? -Other than that, I like your website-- easy navigation, fast uploading, etc. -& lastly, your photos are goooood... :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.