Sat, Sep 21, 10:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:29 pm)

Subject: Wooden Throne prop, comments appreciated.

sptainton ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 8:32 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

file_258348.jpg

I've just completed my latest prop, an ornate wooden throne (thanks for the idea Infernal). The fretwork panels are actual geometry rather than just a texmap and they also have separate material so that you can alter the underlying colour. The black areas also have there own material assignment so that they can be coloured, made to look semi-transparent or have a fabric pattern added as required.

Let me know what you think before I upload it to freestuff.

Simon.

Daio ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 8:48 AM

Very nice, indeed.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Kiera ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 8:49 AM

This looks great, and would fit in very well with many of the freely available scenes.

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 8:56 AM

The seat itself (plus armrests) might be a bit short but otherwise it is a gorgeous model.

jaybutton ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 9:24 AM

Wow, I really like it! Thanks, I'll download it for sure! =) Jay

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 9:28 AM

WOW! Now that's one nice throne! Any king or queen would be proud to watch the tournement in!

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 9:57 AM

Wow This is gorgeous!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 10:00 AM

Super, and very useful.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

sptainton ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 11:02 AM

file_258349.jpg

Crescent is quite right, the depth of the throne is too shallow, thanks Crescent.

Rather than totally modify the geometry I've scaled it in Z to 140%. This lets Posette fit into it quite comfortably. :)
Of course, you can always scale it to suit your precise requirements, Vicky will probably need more room.

I'm glad you all like it, thanks for your comments. The above picture shows Posette seated (I know, not very regal looking but I 'was' testing) and a view of it with a blue semi-transparent inner.

It'll be on Freestuff any minute now. :)

Simon.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 11:08 AM

Many many thanks Simon! It's terrific!

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 11:22 AM

Its magnificent work, Simon. Congrats.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 11:42 AM

Looks good to me...Sharen

Irish ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 12:30 PM

Looks wonderful!! Will be looking forward to it. Well done! :) Irene

SergeFinder ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 1:35 PM

Great, but I would like to see a toilet version as well :-)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 12:24 AM

Serge, Like the one in my livingroom? (Reproduction, because I couldn't afford a real 15th century thronechair.) Anyway, my cat thinks the little area under the seat is a great place to explore. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.