Sun, Oct 6, 3:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Poser 4 & Vue 4 - a perfect match!

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 3:12 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.lynescreations.com/vuepark.htm

Hi Everyone! I am loving my new mil kids (to say nothing of the GREAT investment of Poser World subscription!) and had great fun putting this tea party together. I set the girls with tea set and dolls on the rug all in poser, .. then saved the pz3 file and imported it into vue 4... comes in all mapped and ready to go, with just one tiny adjustment.. the transmapped hair needs to have each section of hair material's transparency slider moved all the way to 100%. The oak trees loaded into vue 4 with no adjustments needed -these are independent models all set up as vobs! :) Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

ronknights ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 3:28 PM

That's absolutely fabulous. Now you need to post it in your Renderosity Gallery, grin. (Yes, Poserworld is a great deal.)

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 4:23 PM

Lyne this is fabulous! Love the tea party :) Hope to see more! And I agree vue makes it easy to get poser things in, I wish bryce was that easy :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

nikitacreed ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 4:24 PM

begin whine I want Vue 4! end whine Cute image Lyne! :o)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 4:32 PM

Good. I ordered Vue4 at MacWorld and it just arrived today. :) The ability to import Poser people was a major selling point. (It will be a while before I can use it, but the show prices make it worthwhile buying there when possible.) Carolly

Jackson ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 7:54 PM

Lovely scene! Vue4's import capability with Poser files is what made me switch from Bryce to Vue. And man, am I glad I did! So many other benefits, too. I haven't loaded Bryce since.

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 9:11 PM

Thanks all for your comments! I just posted a link as the image itself is kinda big.. I don't have a gallery here, Ron, just my personal site... I have tried to import even a whole figure into Bryce.. a vicky figure with a fancy clothing figure and could NOT get it to map right.. I don't have the patients to ungroup and fix all the mapping for bryce... and yes, I tried grouper but it did not work for me.. MUCH easier to just use vue! which I prefer the look of anyway.. the lighting I mean.. so much more realistic to me. :) Lyne Lyne's Creations

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

ronknights ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 9:19 PM

Lyne, there is no pressure for anything. Everyone who is a member, and can post here, automatically has a Gallery here at Renderosity where they can post their images. I was rather surprised to learn it was that easy.

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 4:51 AM

Well, I thought Vue 4 might be perfect until I tried out the demo. What's missing? Bump mapping. You can apply a procedural bump map (i.e. based on a formula), but you can't take a Poser bump map as a jpg and apply it as you can in Bryce. So I'm not switching. Maybe Vue 5?

Schlabber ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 5:08 AM

For Nikita ...: begin whine I have Vue4 but no time to try it really out end whine Geeeeeez - Isn't there some place where I can buy time ??

Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 7:28 AM

Phantast: Poser's bump maps come in fine in Vue4. Maybe there's a problem with the demo. Like Lyne, the only problem I have sometimes is with transparencies. Vue's default is 50%, you just have to kick it up to 100.

raven ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 11:55 AM

Phantast, Vue will quite happily apply a .jpg bump map if you wish. It also reads in Poser's .bum file as the bump map (but not in everyones for some reason). Jackson, do you have the latest patch? It fixed the need to adjust the transparencies.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 12:59 PM

LOL @ Egon. Hon...if I knew how to sell time...I would be rich...and I would have Vue 4. ;o) You poor guy. :o(

konan ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 1:49 PM

Attached Link: http://innuendo.ev.ca

Don't forget about rendering Poser animations in Vue 4 via "Natural Pose 2"! (shameless plug, as I am the "Natural Poser 2" creator) Konan

Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 3:16 PM

raven: Yes I have the latest patch, but I haven't done anything transparencies since I installed it. Thanks for the heads up.

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 5:13 AM

Well, that's very odd, because I searched the help file and the interface for a way of applying a bump map and I could not see it anywhere. I thought the demo was meant to include all the features. Strange.

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 6:23 AM

I can't speak for the demo, as I've never seen it. But in the full version, if your poser file had a bump applied, you don't need to re-apply it in Vue; it will be there. To manually apply a bump in Vue go to the material editor and click the bump tab. You can use a procedural or a bitmap. (I'm not at my Vue computer right now or I'd tell you exactly how to do it.)

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2002 at 7:15 AM

It must be missing from the demo version. Since that was my main disincentive from getting Vue, I'll now reconsider ...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.