Sat, Sep 21, 8:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Basic Vicky Questions

trails2rails ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 5:20 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:49 AM

First of all, this is such a great forum - I have learned so much over the past few months - I wanted to say "thank you".

I just purchased Vicky - what an impressive model! However, I have a few questions - and have not been able to ferret this out on past threads.

• What is a good source for body textures, ie. where would you begin looking. I have seen a couple at DAZ and a lot in the Marketplace. I would like to play with a few free ones first - but have not seen any. Short of that, any recommendations?

• What is the point of the VickyP4fem? Clearly she is size compatible with Posette, but lacks the Vickie morphs. Am I missing something?

• Is there a morph target for the default eyebrows. They seem rather large, and I have not found anything to reduce them, though of course this can be fixed in applying textures.

Thanks for your help,

Lou

sama1 ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 5:44 PM

As to body textures: I am using the ones from DAZ, I do like playing with the high definition images, but it is up to personal preference on which one to get. Why VickyP4Fem? This is to allow Vicky to fit into the P4Fem clothes which are more abundant than Vicky's clothes. You are right in that the eyes can be fixed with the texture. The large area for the eyebrows is to allow freedom in designing a shape for the upper eyebrows in case anyone would like a thick browed Vicky. Who knows why? but the option is there. I hope this helps, Sam

mi-scha ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 5:50 PM

Eowyn and Swannie have some good free textures at their site. In freestuff are many others. Also Minerva has a whole charachter vith clothes and hair. VickyP4fem is a free P4 character which can use Vicky textures (and there are some good free ones). Either you use a transmap on the eyebrows or the 'brows gone' head morph (included in normal Vicky).

mi-scha ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 5:51 PM

Attached Link: http://www.theattic.nl

I forgot the link for Eowyns site.

ronknights ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 7:05 PM

Here is my perspective on Vicky: 1.) Victoria is a much more sophisticated model who has more body parts that help her look more realistic. 2.) Because of this vast improvement, Victoria can't fit into the clothes worn by less sophisticated P4 women. 3.) Many people are put out by this, since they need to spend more money for clothes for Vicky. 4.) With Vicky P4, you get Victoria's head (more morphs), and a P4 body. (less sophistication.) It's rather like buying a Cadillac because you believe it's a better car, then worrying about parking spots. So you put the Cadillac engine in a Volkswagon. Ouch.

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 8:25 PM

trails2rails, P4 version of Vicki2 has all the facial morphs of the regular Vicki 2. Not sure about the body morphs. I haven't had much of a reason to try the body morphs yet. Not enough clothes to use for those. As mentioned above, this P4 version was added so she can wear Posette's clothes. And she has the more versatile face of Vicki. A great combination. Melanie

trails2rails ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 11:02 PM

Thanks very much for the help!!! Lou

shadowcat ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 12:25 AM

Attached Link: http://ourworld.cs.com/posershadowcat/site/index.htm

my site has a free texture (fairly goo, if I do say so myself) for vicky and a tutorial for their use (the eyebrow problem)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.