Wed, Oct 9, 10:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Wacom "Intuos2 " or " Graphire2 "? for re-touch my works.

fuyanlu ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 2:16 PM ยท edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 10:27 PM

I need a graphic tablet to work on after rendering my image at poser, but don't know which one should I get. I heard Wacom "Intuos2" is good, But do I really need to buy that since it so expensive, How about "Graphire2",do they realy make big different? anyone know?

skewer ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 2:22 PM

I have been using an Intuos (original) for almost 3 years with no complaints and many satisfying results. That "only" has 128 levels of pressure, and you can actually tell when you get into using it - since Intuos2 has 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity, I only wish they had been around before! If all else fails, try to get a 2nd hand Intuos - if you're not a VERY serious artist, Intuos 1 should do the job. After all, those who do upgrade will be selling on their old kit...! Hope my opinion helps, Skewer

nfredman ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 2:22 PM

i have a small Graphire tablet at home, and it's just great, thanks. Unless you're doing broadcast quality (or better) retouching, you'll be fine with a Graphire. i have a higher rez tablet at work, and frankly, i can't tell the difference.

skewer ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 2:31 PM

Having not used anything else (Intuos won a product test hands down which made my mind up) I can't disagree, but it might depend on the kind of retouches you hope to achieve. I've mostly done old photo retouches where scanned dust is pretty unforgiving - I don't do much bold, freehand (arty) work but when I do, the quality is admittedly wasted. Oh well. I would say though that cost shouldn't always be the deciding factor - getting more pleasure (or income!) from your efforts is worth a little extra initial outlay in my opinion. SQR :)

rockets ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 3:48 PM

I recently bought a Graphire2 to use for Poser postwork. I'm very pleased with it and would suggest it to anyone who wants to use it for that purpose.

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

Caru ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 4:26 PM

I've got a Graphire too. I've been very happy with it.

whoopdat ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 12:42 AM

I have an Intuos 6x8 I got some time ago used, and I absolutely love the damn thing. While I don't do a lot of freehand stuff, I can't complain about it. I was going to get a Graphire, but I found this one for a little bit more and figured the extra money was worth the increased size of the tablet. Most people, however, say size doesn't matter (the tablet, I mean...).

DominiqueB ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 7:03 AM

I use an Intuos 4x5 at work and I have a 6x8 at home, I prefer the small size somehow!. I love the Intuos2 the pen is very sensitive and confortable. As far as the price, you won't upgrade the tablet as often as your computer, you should keep it for many years.

Dominique Digital Cats Media

Kiera ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 7:11 AM

I had an ArtPad II and upgraded to an Intuos. I love it. I have a small one, but regardless, it is extremely sensitive to pressure and works perfectly in Photoshop and Painter.

fuyanlu ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 10:37 AM

Wow, so many informatiom I got from here. now I know what I need after all the suggections.I will go get it soon.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.