Sun, Oct 6, 12:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Is it possable to refract light through something??????

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 1:17 AM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:22 AM

I am trying to shine a spotlight through a textured object to reflect that onto eg. floor or wall. I make the object transparent but the light is still solid color on back wall.I've been trying to get multy colored,flickering effect.Is this possable or do I have to more lights and lens flare effects ect.

VirtualSite ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 1:25 AM

Its not possible with Poser yet. Rumor has it that the next version will allow for this kind of ray-tracing render, but not yet. Your best bet, if its a static image, is to do it in post work.

Grammer ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 5:04 AM

You shoud take a look at Craig Burtons tutorial advanced lighting at www.poserarcana.com

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 5:53 AM

Thanks the tutorials at Craig Burtons site are areal help. But still not what i'm looking for. I only have poser4.03 so maybe I'll just have to wait for poser5 or break down and buy another program.

lundqvist ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 10:13 AM

Possibly Vue 4 would be useful? It can import Poser scenes and offers ray-tracing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.