Fri, Oct 4, 5:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Thanks and a question

Kinouk ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 4:11 PM ยท edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 8:40 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_261536.jpg

I wish to thank you all!! Your are a great group of people with good hearts. I would like you to meet Tess (really Angelyna by Blackhearted..I just love her. Just wish she had more morphs). My question is how do you get rid of the bad skin problem of her elbow? Joan

Kinouk ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 4:12 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_261538.jpg

Bad elbow

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 4:23 PM

Nice lighting... I've got a copy of her too, and boy if his ex-girlfriend ever found out... (laugh) Seriously though, the elbow problems are caused by the mesh "tearing apart", as it were... the elbow bend is too tight for Poser to handle. Some models are more friendly to bending than others, so your mileage may vary per character... depends on how many polygons the body mesh has to spare, really. Sometimes, I find that bending other body parts helps a little (esp. at the hips, where a tight bend causes the buttocks to 'fragment'..bending the abdomen and thighs hels out there a little.) However, you're kind of stuck as per knees and elbows. The only way I've ever gotten around the problem is to do one of two things: 1) lots of close-up post-work with the smudge tool in the GIMP (or photoshop, whichever) 2) import the whole thing into Bryce/3DS Max, etc, and see if you can't fix it there. Otherwise, I'd love to see how others have gotten around this too... /P

Kinouk ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 4:33 PM

Thanks "Penquinisto" I will be importing her into Bryce5 and post work in PS6. Now all I need is to dress the poor girl. Poserworld here I come!! Joan

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 10:21 PM

great posing kinouk - very sexy. the elbow problem, unfortunately, is a poser limitation. so are vicky's knees. its what can be expected when you take a 3d mesh thats been modelled in the default position and then bend/deform it along joints. until we get REAL joint-controlled morphs (people are experimenting with them now but theyre not that impressive) the only solution is to either hide the flaw with lighting/pose or postwork it. i find that 90% of the time i can make use of shadow to hide joint flaws - screw around with the lighting until you cover it up. rendering from a camera angle that avoids the distortion also helps. but so far almost every vicky image i render requires at least a minute or two of postwork in photoshop using either the clone or smudge tools to smoothe out joints. cheers, -gabriel

geep ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 1:25 AM

I usually just do post render touchup in PSP. It's usually faster(;=]) than fiddling with all them params. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.