Sun, Sep 22, 4:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Victoria's Eyebrows

beeroverlord ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 7:20 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:28 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_261584.jpg

I am currently working with a victoria render and I want to make the eye brows look like the eye brows on the texture...how do I get rid of the dumb looking poser ones and replace them with the others, I have the render/material setup to look at the head texture, but after that I am lost. here is what I have so far.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 7:25 PM

What I do as a quick fix is go to BrowsGone on the dials and type in 1.0, there is a more accurate way, cause this just sinks them into the head, but this might do for now. Sharen

Strangechilde ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 7:31 PM

Have you applied a transparency map and set the transparency min/max for the brows 100%?

beeroverlord ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 7:47 PM

I tried the brows gone and it worked, now I just have the ridge that is pokin out of her head, but that is part of the head. Anyone have any comments on my render? I am still kinda new the Victoria

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 8:02 PM

This happens to everyone at least once with Vicki. Make sure the transparency is set only to the Upper Eyebrows, but not to the Eyebrows. This is all you have to do. Eyebrows: No transparency, 0% Max and Min Upper Eyebrows: 100% transparency Maxa and Min That's all there is to it. Melanie

beeroverlord ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 8:31 PM

Melanie, thanks. 100% Understood, Thank you everyone!

ronknights ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 8:41 PM

Attached Link: http://www.ronknights.com/victoria/

file_261585.jpg

NO, don't do the browsgone. That actually bores a hole in vicky's head. Hey, go check out my tutorial. You'll see all the proper texture settings.

beeroverlord ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 9:40 PM

Thanks again for the tutorial...Does anyone have any comments for me on my current render? any tips to tell how to make her look more real?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 4:57 PM

Aside from using fixing the eyebrows and using transmapped hair (visit Kozabura's Digital Babes website), I can't think of any tips offhand.

beeroverlord ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 6:49 PM

Thank you Dragon, any little bit helps!

levo1432 ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 11:19 AM

but the page is gone...

santicor ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 11:57 AM

search  this forum  for  "GC"  or "gamma correct."

"When you have to shoot ...

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=580115

raven ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 12:06 PM

Attached Link: http://digitalbabes.jp/

levo1432, even though this thread is 8.5 years old,  ;) if you want the page that Little_Dragon mentioned, it's still around, just the address changed a bit, so here you go :)

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 12:49 PM

More realism, VSS, Gc, and raytracing.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 4:21 PM · edited Sun, 05 September 2010 at 4:21 PM

Quote - levo1432, even though this thread is 8.5 years old,  ;) if you want the page that Little_Dragon mentioned, it's still around, just the address changed a bit, so here you go :)

So that's where it is now.  Thanks.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

dasquid ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 9:32 PM

WOW talk about a necro post.....But then again no thread is truly dead till it is locked or deleted.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 10:06 PM · edited Sun, 05 September 2010 at 10:07 PM

Some people hate the past.  Even if it was only a month ago.  But we can all still learn from history.  Anyway, why hide or re-invent a wheel?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

imax24 ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 10:47 AM

This thread was started a long time ago, but every new generation of users runs into this frustration that has not been fixed through the generations of Vicky.

Two quick ways to get rid of those plastic-looking eyebrow shields (and I still don't know why they must be there):

-- In the Material Room, select Eyebrows and make sure Transparency is set to 100%. For some reason this gets reset to 0% when Vicky is made invisible and then visible again.

-- In the Pose Room, select the Eyebrows body part and switch to the Properties tab. Put a check in the Invisible box. This can also be accomplshed in the Hierarchy Editor if you work with that open most of the time.

Dracoraven ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2010 at 4:32 PM

I actually LIKE the eyebrows being a separate material zone. That way I can re-use my skin without having the sam eyebrow color or shape. I just make a new transmap and Viola! new eyebrows!

From the proliferation of v4 textures that have the eyebrows already painted on, I am obviously in the minority, but why is that? Are custom eyebrows not something poser users like? I've seen hundreds of eyelash tex, but nada for eyebrows, which are easier to see. Makes no sense to me.

Eric Peacock
dracoselene@gmail.com

Blue Dragon Creations

<a href="http://zazzle.com/brianadragon
">My Stuff at Zazzle.com

dasquid ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2010 at 7:28 PM

Quote - I actually LIKE the eyebrows being a separate material zone. That way I can re-use my skin without having the sam eyebrow color or shape. I just make a new transmap and Viola! new eyebrows!

From the proliferation of v4 textures that have the eyebrows already painted on, I am obviously in the minority, but why is that? Are custom eyebrows not something poser users like? I've seen hundreds of eyelash tex, but nada for eyebrows, which are easier to see. Makes no sense to me.

Personally I wish people would start making transmapped brows for V4. They did it for V3 but took a step backwards toward the easier when V4 came out... ok it didn't help that V4 didn't have the brow material zone when she came out, but once they added it ....

I HATE painted on brows, because then it makes me go clone out the damned brows that are there (it NEVER looks right after that either) and search for one of the like 2 damned textures that I have that were made by people with enough motivation to make a texture that takes advantage of all the features V4 has.

Nothing like making a nice blond character and get her all set up and render ed and then it hits you that this nice blond character has jet black eyebrows............................

imax24 ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2010 at 8:23 PM

I've never seen a V4 character that didn't have her brows as part of her face texture. (But I went right from Posette to V4 with many years absence in between).   So I don't know the benefits of transmapped brows. I do know the damn eyebrow zone is a PITA the way it keeps reappearing in all its shiny plastic glory. Maybe if I had some trans brows this would not be an issue.

Dracoraven ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2010 at 8:30 PM

I make my own transmaps for the brows ... use the same template as the face for placement.

Eric Peacock
dracoselene@gmail.com

Blue Dragon Creations

">My Stuff at Zazzle.com

santicor ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2010 at 4:01 AM

holy  crap  this OP is from  2002

i was **wondering ** why  this vicky  is  something like  Victorio  0.0 !!!!

I was like  .....holy  crap  why  doesn't this person update their figure library !

"When you have to shoot ...

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=580115

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2010 at 8:34 PM

You can still get V2 from DAZ for free, and worth at least that much.

Ron's eyebrow settings can be found here:

web.archive.org/web/20041020133938/http://ronknights.com/victoria/eyebrow.htm

That's a pretty primordial Material Room...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

levo1432 ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 1:26 AM

Quote - levo1432, even though this thread is 8.5 years old,  ;) if you want the page that Little_Dragon mentioned, it's still around, just the address changed a bit, so here you go :)

Thank you so much!

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 4:53 PM · edited Tue, 14 September 2010 at 4:55 PM

Quote - I actually LIKE the eyebrows being a separate material zone. That way I can re-use my skin without having the sam eyebrow color or shape. I just make a new transmap and Viola! new eyebrows!

I agree... my girl's eyebrows aren't the greatest - still learning to draw them! - but I see as a HUGE advantage that you can match the eyebrow colour to the hair, which you can't do if the eyebrows are a painted part of the face colourMap.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Dracoraven ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 5:21 PM

I'm actually in the process of creating a character texture set that includes transmapped brows for V4, and transmapped pubic hair. Hand-painting a texture instead of using reference photos is a PITA btw.

when I'm done with my tattoo pack maybe I'll work on her some more, right now she's just for personal use.

Eric Peacock
dracoselene@gmail.com

Blue Dragon Creations

">My Stuff at Zazzle.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.