Sat, Sep 21, 12:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: Would like to rid poser of the defaut figure

mangina ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 1:07 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:52 PM

Can i get rid of the defaut figure ? And how do i do it . Thankx;=)

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 1:18 AM

Setup Poser exactly how you'd like it to open to, then edit/ General preferences and set default state.

mangina ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 1:26 AM

Awesome thankx Ms Outlaw help was muchly appreciated :-)

Impudicus Rex ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 1:27 AM

Or edit the default.figure file in your Runtime|Figures directory. It can be opened and edited with any text editor and it's very short and well commented. In fact... Here it is in it's entirety: { version { number 3.0 } //-------------------------------------------------------- // These are commented out lines. You can switch these and/or modify // the name to change the default figure //-------------------------------------------------------- // readScript GetStringRes(1032,24) // readScript ":Runtime:libraries:character:People:Casual Man.cr2" // readScript ":Runtime:libraries:character:Poser 4 Lo:Casual Man P4 Lo.cr2" //readScript ":Runtime:libraries:character:Poser 2 Lo:Casual Man P2 Lo.cr2" readScript ":Runtime:libraries:character:Poser 2 Lo:Default Guy.cr2" }

mangina ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 1:35 AM

thankx for all the help . i am grateful for it. o o | _/

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 8:04 AM

Just replace him with the character you want, and as Ms Outlaw said, set Preferred State. You don't have to edit any code. I've replaced it with the sitck figure. I tried to replace him with Michael (because I use him most), but it caused Poser to load way too slowly. I replaced it with the stick figure and it loads much faster now. Melanie

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 9:22 AM

Yeah, Melanie is right (and this is coming from an *ix guy who LOVES scripting...) I just ser 'preferred state' to be Woodie; he loads quick, and seeing a figure with no fixed personality to it is a great way to clear your mind when you first fire Poser up. /P

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.