Sat, Sep 21, 5:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Elf aspirations ?

SergeFinder ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 1:30 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:54 PM

Attached Link: http://home.wxs.nl/~radiant/Home.htm

file_258390.jpg

I am not new to Poser, but modelling Legolas the Elf from the Lord of the Rings movie proves abit too difficult for me alone. Anyone can help ? I already got boots, ear morph and leather tunic for a fresh start, but the alaborate hair, bow/arrows, knives etc. is a real challenge. A co-production then ? Greetings from Serge Finder Namarie ! (more reference pictures of the daunty Elf available on request and on the Web !)

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 2:15 PM

One of Vairesh's hair meshes would work. (I think it's called Beth, but I can't remember for sure.) You might be able to play with hmann's Cleopatra Power hair as well. There's plenty of bow and arrow models out there, some for sale (such as Daz3d) and some for free (I believe Runtime DNA has some.) Look through free stuff for knives. willjm has a lot of great weapons - probably one of his knives would work.

Kiera ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 2:26 PM

I use Vairesh's maiden hair on my men a lot. I need to get un-lazy and make a bunch of color variations for it though. All my men have brown hair. ;) In addition, you can use the Rogue boots from Free stuff. (search for uh, Lourdes).

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 2:43 PM

Concerning the weapons:

Runtime DNA has a morphing bow and arrow freebie.

The DAZ Store just introduced a new Archery Pak, which includes two conforming quivers (one each for Mike and Vicky), two morphing arrows, and two morphing bows.

Robert Sharkey has a Fantasy Bow and Arrow here in Free Stuff, but it doesn't look like a close match for Legolas'.

I don't know what the knives look like, but you'll find plenty of free knife props here and at other sites.

The hair might be a challenge:

Take a look at Vairesh's Maiden Hair Supreme. It's for Victoria and Posette, but maybe it can be fitted to the male characters.

Strangechilde ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 4:59 PM

Does it encourage you at all to know that I knew exactly who it was even before the image fully loaded? Excellent work! That Legolas is a babe...

lelionx ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 5:46 PM

this is great!go to ISO'S link page i think one of the japaneese sites there has a bunch of weapons and other stuff you might like.just great!

SergeFinder ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 5:40 AM

Thanx all for the feedback so far. I also was very impressed by the following post: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=495396; haven't seen any frrebies from that initiative yet though. I'll start working on it seriously know that I know it is possible. Will first post the props and wait with the hard morphs until later.

SergeFinder ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 5:44 AM

file_258391.jpg

Oh yes, here's some details on the bow and knives... Peacock motive is a movie mistake, however: there where allegedly no peacock's known in Middle-earth...

Mehndi ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 9:56 AM

file_258392.jpg

Take a peek at what Mehndi Studios has "in store" for you! ;) Check Daz in a few days :)

Mehndi ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 10:04 AM

file_258394.jpg

And Another :)

Mehndi ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 10:05 AM

file_258396.jpg

And Another one wearing Dmentia's beautiful textures already available at Daz :)

SergeFinder ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 10:58 AM

Excellent piece of work, Mehndi ! A worthy attempt indeed... Especially the face. I'll see how far I get myself cause I really want to get close to the real thing... methinks this is a good starting point ! Some suggestions to make it even better: - Ears are not this pointy in the film; - Hairbraid could be a bit more subtle; - More artisanate bow (ornaments) ?; - Leather wristguards; - Lighter boots It is not a Legolas now, but certainly a Green Elf ! Keep up the good work !

Mehndi ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 11:09 AM

smiles Thanks Serge. Actually, he and his hair have changed a good bit since those proof of concept renders I posted above, which were created 3 weeks ago for Daz. His braid is now much refined, and the whole hair package is out of this world... I am calling it "UltraSalon II - ElvenCourt (tm)". I would take time to do renders to do it all justice, and may yet sometime today if I take a break, but right now I am busy on last minute details before finalizing it for upload. As far as an actual real 100 percent portrait, this is not the goal here, so much as a similar look for those who like this look :) My Vision of Elves, not New World's ;) The ears are adjustable for anything from big like this, to smaller, all the way to no ears at all for just a handsome human man :) Oh, and he is coming with textures and a pose or three for Daz's new archery pack. BTW I just have to stop to brag on that Archery pack out at Daz. It is splendid, and was made specifically for my old boy here you know, custom made to order ;)

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 11:46 AM

I'm actually not wanting an exact copy, would rather have something I can use without fear of reprisal from a movie company. Looking good Mehndi. Marque

sparrowheart ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 2:13 PM

I honestly don't think he was made to be an exact copy of Orlando Bloom in the role of Legolas. I think this is more just a "wood elf" for fantasy scenes of our own -- an original figure. I think he is absolutely gorgeous, and I can hardly believe that Michael ever got that handsome :-)

lelionx ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 11:37 PM

you should change the eyebrow color to somthing more blond.he looks like he dyes his hair.

Mehndi ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 11:57 PM

smiles There are both blonde lash/brow settings in the character, as well as black, since for those going for a movie Legolas look, they will want black. His eyebrows were stark black compared to his hair ;)

SergeFinder ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 4:42 AM

The archery pack 2 from Daz3d now lacks poses (and also the promised morphs !!??), so archery poses will be VERY welcome (haven't found one up to now !)

Mehndi ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 8:49 AM

Which promised morphs is it lacking Serge? My beta testers and I have all been working on archery poses of late, so I am hoping there will be something forthcoming there eventually.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 9:58 AM

Didn;t see any missing morphs ... Just looked at the list and compaired and they seem exactly the same

Mehndi ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 10:16 AM

The Archery Pack 2 all seems to be in perfect working order to me too. I have not noticed anything missing at all :)

SergeFinder ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 3:27 PM

Oh, strange ! I miss all the Mike and Vicky morphs promised on the site. Only can see the morph targets for drawing the bows...

Mehndi ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 3:38 PM

There are Mike and Vicki morphs on the qiver, if I recall correctly :)

Mehndi ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 9:29 PM

file_258399.jpg

Features: Wood Elf Character (compatible with both Michael 1 and 2) (both high res and low-med res) Texture and bumpmap for Anton's Adventurer Outfit (both high res and low-med res) Textures for Daz Archery Pack Five eye color textures, 2 lash/brow colors (both high res and low-med res) Morph for unbroken nose 3 original poses Earring Prop Elf Ear morph may be turned on and off for creating a human man. "A Taste of UltraSalon II - ElvenCourt (tm)" WoodElfHairLE.* *WoodElfHairLE is a limited edition, limited functionality bonus sample hair model based on UltraSalon II - ElvenCourt (tm) with posable braid, three morphs, and the color choice of Ash Blonde. Be sure to check UltraSalon II - ElvenCourt for the full package with dozens of posing features, style possibilities and hair colors, and new hair props.

SergeFinder ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 1:26 PM

file_258400.jpg

Looks great, Mehndi, I'll have a look at it right away. Now here's my own state of affairs considering Wood Elfs... I based mine on the P4 nude male and the picture on top of this thread. Only borrowed prop is the Millenium Bow (with arrow and quiver). All clothes derived from the P4 man and patched in 3D Studio Max. No textures yet (will be done in Vue d'Esprit). Nothing done with the hair yet too. Needs some detail work as well to pose the tunic better. But its certainly fun to work on...

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 4:31 PM

Here is my old dork elf from a few years ago. The weird camera angle makes him look like he has little stick legs but I sill kinda like him. http://ghostofmacbeth.digitalartsites.com/Legolas.html

SergeFinder ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 8:44 AM

file_258402.jpg

Scene is called 'The Hunt for Gollum', depicting the hunting of Smeagol by some keen hunters and woodsmen.. from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings (of course). using Millenium Bow and modified Daz3d Ogre as Gollum. Elf derived from P4 nude male, all clothing by yours truly. Rendered in Vue d'Esprit 4.

Mehndi ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 11:39 AM

Well! He is coming along nicely Serge :) Getting better all the time :) Keep up the good work :)

SergeFinder ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 1:26 AM

Thx, although I think I'll never top your Elf's hair ! I've seen the use of the wood elf in a scene off late and it was awesome !

Mehndi ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 10:57 AM

Thank you Serge... it was one of those "muse" inspired works I am afraid... the sort I wish I could do all the time, but can only seem to manage when under some sort of almost supernatural inspiration, wouldn't you know ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.