Thu, Sep 19, 9:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Trying something new, ran into a snag...help? .MAP related

RealDeal ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 3:40 AM ยท edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

I'm trying to create some conforming clothing.
I exported a stock pair of shorts as .3ds format (i've never been able to get the 3dstudio plug-in to work). I modified the meshs in 3dStudio, exported the elements as seperate .3ds files.
I then loaded the origional clothing item in poser, and imported the .3ds element files, and transposed them exactly over the existing elements, then hit "replace element with prop".
I now have a fully conforming set of shorts, with a new modified mesh, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a material on the sucker; when I load the newly created .obj file with uvmapst.exe, it tells me I have no .MAP file, which I can understand. Can anyone tell me how to get a material onto this set of shorts?

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 3:47 AM

What you have done looks right. Have you tried running the OBJ through UVMapper?

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

thgeisel ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 6:12 AM

In uvmapper go to "edit" "new UVMAP" and choose planar. Uvmapper will create one: Save your map and the *-obj-file. Put the obj-file in the corresponding folder.If you choose the same name for the new *.obj file as the old one, delete the rsr file belonging to the obj-file.poser will build a new one.

RealDeal ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 10:50 PM

Attached Link: http://www.vrhome.com/mediaphiles/shorts.pzz

file_261673.jpg

I tried using uvmapper; opened the obj, edit, new, planar; it created a map of the front side of the object only?? I'll include an non-production version of the figure to this post, if someone wants to take a crack at it & tell me how you fixed it, be my guest. I'm relatively certain I could start over from scratch, and make sure i attached mat co-ords in 3dstudio and they would carry over...but I did a BUNCH of stuff, thinking the maps wouldn't be a problem...several days worth, actually.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.