Sun, Sep 22, 2:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: MIMIC for Daz's Dragon

jbig808 ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 12:05 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:40 AM

Hi Everybody, Any ideas where I could find a MIMIC Capable Morph for Daz's Dragon? The one in the freebies section isnt working any more :( jbig

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 12:25 AM

It was posted at other sites, including the PFO (no longer with us) and 3D Commune (another broken link). You might try emailing the author. I have the MIMIC Dragon, and I wouldn't mind emailing it to you (465KB zipped), but I'm uncertain as to the author's wishes on redistribution. Here's the text of the readme file, in its entirety: ---------------- Well, this is the Mimicapable Dragon. Before you use him, you should know that you have to do just a tiny bit more than run mimic on him. The dragon's zeroed position has his mouth open, and if you don't dial "close mouth" up to '1' then it looks like he's talking to his dentist. Have fun with him, and share. Personally I don't care how you use him. Remember that reselling Zygote stuff is evil and mean, so don't do it. Um, that's all. Any questions write me at: borogove13@hotmail.com ---------------- Now, I'm unclear as to whether the "share" bit refers to sharing the MIMIC morph, or to sharing with the community any animations created with it. I don't want to get into trouble here. Thoughts? Opinions?

jbig808 ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 12:47 AM

Yes his wording is a bit vague isnt it Lttle Dragon. I will send the author an email and let you know what is up. Have you tried the morph? Does it work pretty well? It sounds like it has a few quirks and I was wondering if its worth the trouble. jbig808

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 12:56 AM

It isn't on par with Dragonheart, but it works. It's much better than just opening and closing the mouth. I've got an MPEG clip of some dragon speech lying around somewhere, less than 512KB. Want to see it?

jbig808 ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 1:06 AM

Sure that would be great! When you get a chance I'd like to check it out. jbig808@hotmail.com

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 1:13 AM

It's on its way. Check your inbox. I tried converting it to animated .gif to post in this thread, but to keep it within forum filesize limits, I'd have to shrink it down to postage-stamp-sized, and reduce the frame rate to 10 fps. And you wouldn't be able to hear the sound. Oh, well.

jbig808 ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 1:26 AM

Thanks for the movie little Dragon. It is better than I thought it would be. I have got to get this morph! It does phonemes really nicely. It is a shame it isnt available any more because I'm sure alot of people would love to have it. I wonder how difficult it would be to make a MIMIC morph from scratch?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 1:44 AM

I've never tried making one from scratch, although I will eventually. You'd need a 3D modelling program to create morph targets, or you'd have to be pretty good with magnets. jamball77 has three MIMIC FAQs here at Renderosity, and two of them explain how to make models MIMIC-able. Check the Tutorial link at the top of this page, and do a search on "mimic".

jbig808 ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 1:50 AM

Magnets are definitely too difficult, especially when animating. They always seem to get in the way for me and never really get the right effects. I have had pretty good luck using ZBrush for morphs so I will see how that works. I'll check out the tutorials too. Thx again. jbig

wulfie66 ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 4:49 AM

if either of you guys find out if it's possible to actually 'share' that morph, I'd be more than happen to get a copy too!! lol

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 9:35 AM

I asked him originally for some of these morphs, and he told me there wasn't a problem with sharing the mimic part or using them commercially, just not the models themselves as they belong to Zygote and Daz. He did a few of them per my request. I don't think he would have a problem with you sharing it with the community as he had them up for download before. Marque

jbig808 ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 1:28 PM

Just got the morph today from Borogove, the author. Its great! He's currently hostless for the file, any ideas? I'd go through him though to a recieve a copy of it. jbig808

wulfie66 ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 4:55 PM

anyone feel like sending me that Mimic morph for the Daz Dragon? I'd be forever greatful!! :)

cainbrogan ( ) posted Sat, 20 July 2002 at 10:13 PM

I just got Mimic. I've been planning on just using the Zygote Dragon in it..maybe not, huh? Can anyone share with me? cainbrogan@attbi.com

quidam ( ) posted Sun, 21 July 2002 at 10:56 PM

Hello hello! This is Borogove a.k.a. Quidam a.k.a. Lucas. Realy, mimic morphs aren't that tough to make. Especially if the character defaults with it's mouth closed and has at least an open mouth morph. After that, use the open mouth morph and some magnets to spawn off phoneme morphs (I use the male head as a guideline) and make sure all the spawned morphs have the same exact names as that head does. If the character defaults in an open mouth position (ala the Zygote Dragon) you have to do a little math, and then make sure you set the mouth to a closed position after you've MIMICed. As far as sharing, yes I did mean you can swap MY files. Just don't SELL my files or share the Zygote/DAZ files. All you need for the MIMIC version is the cr2 and your own legal copy of the Zygote/DAZ Dragon. Hope this clears things up. -Luke

cainbrogan ( ) posted Sun, 21 July 2002 at 11:59 PM

Will anybody share with me? cainbrogan@attbi.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.