Thu, Sep 19, 3:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Find the hidden F-15

PabloS ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 8:01 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:37 PM

file_261591.jpg

I'm nearing post production for this image. Thanks to those that provided all the previous comments!!! I decided to NOT put the aircraft in the background 'cuz it was too distracting....but one is in there. It shouldn't be too hard to find. I've looked at this thing so long, I need another set of eyes before I start the serious rendering/post work. Any suggestions?

HeavyRay ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 8:15 PM

It's in the visor!!! (Helpful?) suggestions... (1) Hard to read the 'writing' on the helmet; I think the marking should be away from the "groove" (2) Unless Dad died, why would his helmet be on the ground(and not with him?) (3) If "sacrifice" was meant to imply 'time away from family' (versus deceased), I think the image of an aircraft in the sky/ background is called-for; rather than busy the background, it would give a sense that the image is from an airbase... Great job on image of Mom and grieving child! Ray

PabloS ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 8:19 PM

Oh, BTW. Mom IS the F-15 jock, saying goodbye to her son.

Valandar ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 8:39 PM

Umm, HeavyRay, I had no problems reading the "Mother" written on the helmet... which kinda makes me disagree with #1 and #2...

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 8:54 PM

It's hard to read the o or is it a u? I think it's a little hard to understand that Mom's the pilot - she should be in uniform or something to make it clearer. If you subscribe to PoserWorld they have a female flightsuit that would be ideal. If not, then insignia on the jacket? (do they do that?) Great posing and mood anyway - this is a poser render, right? then the plane must be inside the helmet. Neat - looks like a reflection. Lyrra

movida ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 8:55 PM

Maybe I'm slow (well...not "maybe") but why don't you put mom in uniform? I had to read the comments before I "got" it...I suspect most people will look "quickly" Hope it helps

PabloS ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 9:03 PM

Maybe a little education is in order. Air Force flight suits are olive drab, like the image. They also wear bomber jackets, like the image. I could have put a squadron patch on the jacket for clarity but they don't wear 'em there. Hmmmm. [Thinking out load: How could I make it more apparent that Mom's the pilot? Maybe illuminating the jacket more?]

Impudicus Rex ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 9:08 PM

Great Pic. My Girlfriend is currently flying over Afganastan. She's in Psycological Operations (Commando Solo) . I haven't seen her since October.

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 9:08 PM

Change the poses so she's holding the helmet? Like under one arm about to put it on kinda thing? Lyrra

PabloS ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 9:22 PM

Good idea Lyrra. I put it on the ground 'cuz I was lazy. That'll teach me. And the F-15 'should' look like it's reflecting off the helmet's visor. :-)

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 7:32 AM

As a retired army guy, I gotta hop in here. I, like others (it seems), assumed the male was the pilot...grin. As to why the viewers didn't catch on to the flightsuit, I think it's a hard thing to successfully display in Poser. It would have been more obvious she had a flight suit on if it looked more like the ones I have seen...plethora of pockets and zippers, etc. Of course, I hate to think about getting those visible somehow! Finally, I've never seen a burgandy bomber jacket...not saying they don't exist, just never seen one in my times. Not to get too picky, the fingernail polish, while in uniform, used to be a no-no in my time (but regulations may have been changed). That was the technical remark. As to artistic comments, I hesitate because, as we all know, that is subjective and abstract. So, I'll just say... You have a great idea/image going here (and also timely). IF, if it were me finishing this thing out, I'd consider placing a jet in the background...small, (with a trail) enough to have to be "caught" (i.e., while looking at the picture, they notice something in the background and peering closer recognnize a jet). This indicates (to me) close proximity to her job. Like a base. I wouldn't put the helmet under the arm...I prefer both arms being around her son. (although one arm there and one arm on the helmet COULD signify "being torn between" two lives). IF you were to leave the helmet on the ground, then I'd suggest turning it so it doesn't face straight on...facing straight on like that seems like it is "straining" to "display" something. It would seem more typical that the helmet is set down casually (or hurriedly) so that the mother could hug her child. I hope I have not offended offering my perspective. The picture is so wonderful and if ANYTHING I have said can make it better, well that's the only reason I said it.

spectre3 ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 7:46 AM

I have first hand experience with the USAF, and would like to make just a couple of suggestions..... (1) Remove the nail polish. Haven't seen many female pilots with it, nor would that color be allowed in uniform. (2) Add a flight bag to the scene. Pilots always carry a flight bag for maps, checklists etc. I think there is a free purse/ bag ( Poser Factory maybe) around which could be colored OD green that would work. You could stick it behind the helmet with Muther monogrammed on it :) (3) Keep the pose, just modify it slightly by bringing the left arm down a little, or swap left and right arms in POSER. Have a name tag on the left chest of the jacket. That would make the jacket look more like the real thing, and let everyone know the mom is the aircrew. (4) Lighten the jacket color to a lighter brown leather. The real jackets are a brushed light brown with a darker brown leather name tag with silver lettering and Flight Wings. You can get the aircrew wings at just about any AF web site under clipart. BTW Great image ! Love the concept..... Spectre

MaxxArcher ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 9:00 AM

Well, the sun is setting in the background, but I see no shadows being casted from the figures towards us. You will need those to make it look more "real". As a matter of fact, we are looking at the dark side of the figures, but in your scene they are all bright... Maxx :-) BTW, if you make the F-15 big enough, just showing a wheel or something, right behind the figures, it wont be very distracting. Keep the background, awsome view...

PabloS ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 1:25 PM

Flight Jacket: The texture used is real close in color; however, the lighting has changed it some. (I also need to check those material settings) Flight Suit: Oh yeah. Pockets and zippers! In this particular pose, the only one you'd see is on her left leg (as I recall). I may try to work that in. Ugggh! Fingernail polish: That's right. The regs call for a more subdued color. I used a model that already had the color applied...just hadn't got to it yet. Patches and nametags: I'm taking a look at a few different poses. If the area above the breast pockets is visibile, I've already got the images to put 'em on. Lighting and shadows: Yeah that's the LAST thing I usually work (so I have enuf light to see the other details). :-) Other details: Hmmmmmm... (rubbing my chin). Chuck, No offense taken. All, Thanks a bunch! I appreciate the time you all took to study the image and comment.

jbear ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 6:03 PM

Great image. Recently retired from USAF myself, this reminds me of quite a few scenes before extended TDY's and deployments. The only two things I found missing that no self respecting Ego-Driver,...er Eagle pilot is without, sunglasses and flight cap. Since you probably don't want to ruin the facial composition, specs are out. But every confirmed 'bag wearer normally has their flight cap crammed into the ankle pocket, at least that's where I kept mine. It is against regs to have it showing down there but regs and fighter jocks don't always go hand in hand :). Shouldn't be too hard to fit one in there, half in and half out of the pocket. You made me go look at my jacket for the first time since retirement, yours is slightly brighter maroonish, but mine is relatively new and hasn't faded yet. Anyway, great work, thanks for sharing.

jbear ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 6:33 PM

...also, flight jacket, unlike the flight suit, doesn't normally have unit patch, it's a majcom one. Most folk would recognize Air Combat Commands, go grab a copy of it off their web site.

PabloS ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2002 at 7:14 PM

Thanks jbear. When did you retire? I retired last August. Never did any flight duty...but I slept at a Holiday Inn Express. :-) I looked at that jacket texture again. It's pretty close to the one I've got but the lighting has screwed up the colors. I'll be working it out. With a new pose, I don't think you'll see the MAJCOM patch.

jbear ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 6:28 AM

Oct 1st. Last day DoD accepted retirements. As far as I know they are still on hold. Only reason they let me go was the movers were already at the house. Didn't pull flight duty either, but worked part time in Cheyenne Mt. for USPACECOM/NORAD. Rest of the time at Peterson. Lots of TDY so I really did my time in some Holiday Inn Expresses :). Side Note: All bags are OD green now. USPACECOM/NORADs were gray, AF Spacecoms were blue. Not just the aviators got them, anyone who qualified in an ops position got them. Since the detail is too fine, I didn't mention it but maybe a scarf would help too?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.