Fri, Oct 4, 5:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Is there a beak morph in the house?

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2002 at 7:34 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:27 PM

file_264350.jpg

I know, sounds weird, but check this out - I was wanting to make a 3D version of the enclosed image - and was wondering if someone had made a morph that can turn a Dork's face into something resembling the above... (Working on getting Michael, but that's gotta wait until payday.) TIA, /P

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2002 at 7:45 PM

Traveler might have something like that on his Morph World CD, but it's hard to tell from the filelist alone.

I'm doing some morph work on the P4 Male's head right now. I'll give it a try tonight, if you like.

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2002 at 8:21 PM

You betcha - Traveler made a full series of alien morphs for the dork - including small beaked nose, large beaked nose, huge alien critter and many many more wild and weird headmorphs. You'll probably need to buy the CD or beg him nicely :) And I think you'll want to drop by 3DCC and pick up a coupla overmuscled hero bodies. Lyrra

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2002 at 10:52 PM

Will do - I was thinking of beating Dork's face into shape to see what I come up with magnet-wise (bleah - sounds violent), but first I wanted to check and see if someone already had one. Little Dragon - if you beat me to it, I'd be most appreciative :) Otherwise, I believe I'll see if I can't give it a whirl tomorrow afternoon. Lyrra - dunno about buying a whole CD just for a single morph... I'll get hold of him and see if he has this particular one first. As for the body, yeah 3DCC is a great place to grab a bulked-up P4 guy mesh. 3D Comic Collective is prolly where the results will get posted, as well as Free Stuff here. The skin texture will be homemade - it'll be my first shot at a Poser skin texture, but Poser textures (at least the versions I've seen - P4 and Vicky) it looks almost exactly like the UT and Quake2/3 skins I've been messing with for years now, so skins aren't a problem (especially since I got hold of the mesh map layouts courtesy of UV Mapper.) Thx guys - I'm jes' playing with my ego/avatar/etc. in building this character :) /P

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2002 at 10:54 PM

I normally use Netscape - the squashed-up paragraph is what happens when you use Konquerer for a web browser and forget to put tags in, like this...
Cheers,
/P

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2002 at 11:29 PM

Get SnowSultan's seamguides - that'll help you getting the front and back pieces to match. This is a good skin to start on (especially if you stay toonish) Nice big pieces of colors not on the seams. :)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2002 at 12:00 AM

file_264352.jpg

All right, everyone. Try not to laugh too hard. This is what I've got.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2002 at 5:13 AM

file_264353.jpg

Really crappy texture, a few dial tweaks, and some morphs from the 3D Comic Collective.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2002 at 8:21 AM

Holy Cow! Not a bad start... I'll shuttle on over and grab 'em :) Thx a billion, /P

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2002 at 10:20 AM

Ack! Where'd you park it? I've torn 3DCC apart looking for it! You, you, you... You Tease! /P

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2002 at 12:56 PM

Umm ... the morphs from the 3D-CC are the P4 Male Superhero Base morphs (Miscellaneous section), which include a no-ears morph. That's really the only one I used from the 3D-CC. The rest are my custom beak morph and some of the face dials that come with the P4 Male (FlatFace, SquareFace, etc.) Sorry about that. If you really want it, let me know your email address and I'll send the beak morph over.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2002 at 1:39 PM

oh, heh. Tell you what... let me go ahead and see what I can do with it... but otherwise, send it on :) - I'd lvoe to see how you pulled it off. /P

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2002 at 1:59 PM

It's on its way. Check your inbox. By the way, the baseball cap was a prop that comes with Poser.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2002 at 2:24 PM

Yep - the P4 cap; I knew it right off :) Thx LD! /P

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.