Sun, Oct 6, 12:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: playing around with a spotlight (light experiment)

shadowcat ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 4:58 AM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:28 AM

file_266537.jpg

I seem to recall someone once mentioning that poser can't produce a spotlight effect. I don't know, what do you think about this effect? Pure poser 4, only texture map is on posette.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 5:19 AM

Works for me. How did you do it? I like the double shadow.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 5:23 AM

Poser can do spotlights. In fact, one of the commands in the Object menu is "Create Spot Light". What Poser doesn't have is an omni light, also known as a point light. This is a light source that radiates light equally in all directions. Exactly the sort of function you need when creating light bulbs, fireballs, magical effects, etc. You can fake an omni light in Poser by creating a lot of spotlights at the same coordinates, and then aiming them outwards in all directions.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 5:28 AM

The omni light is what I was tring to do, so I must not be using enough lights.

Routledge ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 8:41 AM

Omni lights are part of the light settings in Poser. Im doing this from memory as Im at work right now. Turn on the light control, that ball with the position of the lights showing. On the bottom of it are some buttons, one creates light, one delete lights, and one adjusts properties, theres a colour setter and a slider adusts the light intensity. Got it? okay, click on the one that adjusts light properties and there are two tickboxes, one says spotlight the says, erm, infinite or something like. Click on that one and you have a point light. Hope you find this of some help B)

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 9:27 AM

And when it comes to spotlights, what Poser cannot do, at least not right now, is do "visible light source" or volumetric light: that effect of the light coming out of the source lamp and then falling off. Thats a ray-tracing function, which Poser doesnt do... yet. =)

cinnamon ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 10:13 AM

as carmen from southpark would say "sweet"!

shadowcat ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 1:47 PM

Aah, I got it backwards then (typical, lol) but I still like the way the light fades at the edges, while leaving the girl's shadows sharp. how I did it? I put the lights inside a cone with the end chopped off and pointed it at her. 2 lights used at 50% intensity.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.