Tue, Sep 24, 9:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Colour Palettes

Atrice ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 6:13 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:32 PM

I was playing with a friends copy of paintshop pro the other day and found the option to arrange the colour palette in order of luminosity, which would be really useful to me. Is there any way to do it in photoshop. I can't think of any method appart from doing it manually which would be really tedious! Failing a method using photoshop maybe it would be possible to import palettes from paintshop pro? Even if you can do that I have a feeling that they'd come in unsorted. Any ideas? Baz

dreamer101 ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 4:51 PM

When you bring up the Color Picker, you can click the circle before the L (LAB Color), select a color and use the slider. The color picker also has "warning: out of gamut for printing" which appears as a triangle with a ! inside and "warning: not a web safe color" which appears as a box. By clicking on one or both, it will bring you to the next closest safe color (for printing or web). Also has a "Only Web Colors" checkbox. You can also change the sliders on the Color palette by clicking on the right arrow in the circle and selecting the LAB sliders.

Impudicus Rex ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 2:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.equilibrium.com/products/deBabelizer/index.jsp

file_266549.jpg

In Photoshop 6 (not sure about other versions) when you "Save For Web" and select "Gif" as the format, you are given the ability to sort sort the colour table via a drop arrow. You should check out "Debabelizer" for all yor advanced palette needs. There is a demo availibele (link attached)

Atrice ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2002 at 7:06 PM

Thanks for the info, I'm still using PS4 at the moment! which doesn't have a save for web option, I'm hoping to upgrade to 6 soon though and I'll have a play with this when I get it! Baz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.