Sun, Sep 22, 3:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Getting better at it...

bobhobz ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 2:26 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:32 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_266690.jpg

Hello all. This is Bob, the guy that pissed a bunch of you off a little while ago. Well, I've been plugging away at Poser and think I'm making some headway with it. Here's my latest piece combining Poser with Bryce 5. Thanks to some of you who gave me a few tips and a good swift kick in the arse! Bob

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 5:54 PM

Wow... not bad. The background metallics look a lot like Vickimess' style - I'm assuming they came from Bryce? /P

bobhobz ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 8:21 PM

Yeah, the background stuff is all Bryce and then I worked on the whole image in PhotoShop 6. I've only been using Poser seriously for the past two months or so. I've had it on my office computer for four years, but never had a reason to use it! But I'm really getting into it now! Bob

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 9:05 AM

You're doing absolutely fantastic for someone who has only been using Poser seriously for a couple months. Geesh, you should have seen the bonehead stuff I put out for the first few months till my friends here set me straight! Keep up the good work. Ron

bobhobz ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 9:30 AM

Thanks, Ron... Like I said, I have toyed with Poser off and on over the past 3-4 years because it was on my office computer. I managed to teach myself how to make a person, move the arms and legs, add clothes, etc. But I didn't have any real use for it. Then a friend of mine told me about Victoria and Michael. I checked them out and decided it was time to get serious about Poser because I suddenly saw the awesome creative potential of blending the realistic Poser figures with Bryce and 3DStudioMAx backgrounds. So I'm in the process now of learning as much as I can and preparing a portfolio of NEW 3d work. Not that I'm giving up my paints and airbrush, but rather I'm exploring a new uncharted path in my nearly 30 year art career.

Kiera ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 9:39 AM

The thing is, Bob, that people with traditional art experience often do some of the most amazing 3D work by combining their 2D experience with 3D. 3D makes so many things easier, and a few things harder. It's just a matter of pulling your vision out of the software. I think you have a great start. Have you considered Painter from Corel ProCreate for postwork? You can use your paints and airbrush (including a "drying engine") right on your computer. My favorite Painter 6 brushes are "loaded oils" and "wet luscious." =)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.