Fri, Sep 20, 9:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Could Be Trouble ? ? ?

kruzr ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 5:59 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:36 AM

file_267352.jpg

Afternoon all . . . 8^) I was playing around with the "Boolean Difference", & I couldn't resist doing something with it. I'm sure your mother told you not to go swimming out to far, alone? Well, it seems this young lady didn't listen to her mother. Now I don't know just what she's going to do? . . . :^O I'm sure that . . . . . Mike J . . . . . or . . . . . maybe . . . . . Varien, can do something to help this poor woman out of her, not too secure, situation? . . . ;^) Heheheh! Anyway, just thought I'd post this . . . not that it's anything great or anything, I just thought it was interesting. I had to use a series of cones to create the downward funnel, then do a series of Boolean Differences to join them. I had to import the image into PhotoShop for final touch up around the corners of the cone shapes. It would be much easier to create this type of an effect, if a new ( STABLE ) patch would correct the problems with imported objects for a Boolean Difference. I'm sure one will be released soon? Have a good one all . . . . . Mark. . . . 8^)

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 6:12 PM

I'd be more than happy to help her out. I was a lifeguard for the YMCA for a while, and know CPR, too. Worked at the beach (Atlantic Coast) as a lifeguard once, as well... Although, I might be a little wary about what might be causing this strange disturbance.... But, I have a soft spot for beautiful women, so I'm sure I'd jump on in. ;) This is pretty cool, really. I mean, it genuinely looks like a vortex in the water, like an especially violent whirlpool. Love the colors and atmosphere too. Cool. :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 6:20 PM

Very very cool, Sharen

Axe555 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 8:06 PM

You did an excellent job on the whirlpool effect. Saving the young lady is quite easy. Put the plug back in the drain. ;) Rich

Varian ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 11:21 PM

Hehe, this is a great effect, Mark! From the looks of the situation, I think I'll let Mike jump in. I'll just watch from solid ground. :D

YL ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2002 at 5:39 AM

An interesting try which should give us new ideas. The problem is I forgot all these interesting things ! Yves

Jilly ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2002 at 6:19 AM

Really good pic, Her expression doesn't look scared enough though, figure she knows what's causing it?

roadtoad ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2002 at 9:29 AM

Not surprising she's unconcerned - those Laura Croft water-wings keep her safe :-) but wow - that would make a great tute!

tradivoro ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2002 at 9:53 AM

It's these young people of today... They don't listen, and now she's in trouble... :) Hey that's a great pic there kruzr... Cool way of depicting a maelstrom... :)

kruzr ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2002 at 10:40 AM

'Morning all . . . 8^) Thanks to all for your comments. Like I stated in my 1st post, I was just expermenting with the "Boolean Difference" again, decided to give the vortex effect a try, & it seemed to come out pretty good. So at that time I decided to try & do something with it. Actually, a person could do something really nice in this area, if only Vue's "Boolean Difference" would work with an imported object. You could create a great vortex shape with twists & bends using modeling software, then import it into vue & use it for the boolean difference with a water plane. Oh Well, we'll just have to wait a little longer for a fix, I'm sure. Heheheh. You all have a good one . . . Mark . . . ;^)

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2002 at 1:32 PM

lol@ roadtoad and tradivoro's replies! Mark, the latest patch did solve the boolean/imported mesh problem, so at least they got that one fixed. But, it screwed the plants. ;) Fixed the volumetric light problem with trans mapped things, too......

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.