Mon, Sep 23, 5:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 4:09 am)

Subject: Shower for profrat

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 3:25 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 5:29 AM

file_267280.jpg

profrat was asking about a shower prop the other day, and since the existing ones didn't meet his needs, I decided to create a new one. It's patterned after a similar prop by Xtinction, which I can't track down at the moment.

This is a test render of the new prop, with some quickie textures I created in Paint Shop Pro.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 3:27 PM

file_267281.jpg

Here's a closeup of the showerhead. Cudos to traveler for his tutorial on metal-shading in Poser.

profrat ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 3:29 PM

That's perfect; it's just what I wanted but have been unable to create for myself.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 3:29 PM

file_267282.jpg

Here's one of the faucet knobs. Both the faucets and the showerhead are poseable (the showerhead can be adjusted, and the knobs turn).

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 3:38 PM

file_267283.jpg

And the drain.

All parts are UV-mapped separately, so you can change textures on everything, make the drain-filter invisible (there's a drainpipe underneath), etc.

Viomar has a shower-water prop and frosted-glass partition available for download over at Cazcie's Graphics Design. I haven't tried them yet, but they'd probably work well with this thing.

profrat ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 3:47 PM

This is great; I hope some day that I develop the skill and knowledge so that I can return the favor by helping someone.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 3:50 PM

file_267284.jpg

One last pic for the road ... the entire prop as viewed from a distance.

If you need a scene that's more intact (for wider camera angles and the like), you could load multiple instances of the shower and piece them together like a simple jigsaw puzzle.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 4:32 PM

... but where's the nakedlady using the shower? Nice job and excellent attention to detail. Now all you need is the water. I can supply my own .... uh ... er .... well, person. ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

VirtualSite ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 4:45 PM

And why does it have to be a lady??? =)

geep ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 5:00 PM

... well, gosh and golly gee whiz ........ if ya gotta ask ........ ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Gazukull ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 5:23 PM

this is a killer shower prop! - gazzy

Dizzie ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 5:46 PM

This is great...the best shower I have seen....where will it be available?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 5:50 PM

file_267285.jpg

... one naked lady (who isn't very ladylike)!

Special thanks go to Viomar and Xtinction for the water spray prop. Additional postwork in PSP.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 5:52 PM

Dizzie: I created this for profrat, but if he doesn't mind sharing with others I'll be happy to offer it to the community. Anybody want to host it? Just 800KB, zipped.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 6:25 PM

Send it - I'll park it on the server come morning. I gotta say it... you've got me beat in the props department :) /P

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 6:49 PM

I accept your generous offer, Penguinisto. To which address should I send it?

3-DArena ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 7:03 PM

where is that fabulous water spray available at?? I'm too late I would have hosted it too :-) Fabulous prop, and it definitely needs a nekkid man! ;-]

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Strangechilde ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 7:21 PM

Wow! But where is the ghastly pink mildew? A shower just isn't a shower without that ghastly pink mildew! Just kidding. That's excellent!

3-DArena ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 7:27 PM

never mind I found it at cazcies... :-)

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

VirtualSite ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 7:51 PM

Thats a riot -- and certainly not like any pus -- uh, cat I know!! =)

Barbarellany ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 10:14 PM

ok, when did you sneak into my house and check out my shower? It is even the exact shade of blue tile. All that is missing is the flamingo glass door and the shampoo collection!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 11:28 PM

The shower is right on, but that is the wrong cat! My cat is a sable tabby Norwegian Forest Cat... who likes to play in water and who doesn't mind sharing the shower with me.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2002 at 9:56 AM

Oops - send it along to tjmiller@datc.tec.ut.us and I'll set 'er up within the hour it arrives. /P

profrat ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2002 at 1:45 PM

I want to thank once more Little Dragon for creating this prop for me. I also want to thank Penguinisto for hosting it in Free Stuff: something this good needs to be shared.

Xtinction ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 9:08 PM

hides his pathetic shower prop compared to this one Uh.... i didnt make...um a shower prop. No...not me. I'd be embarrassed to have a competing shower prop against this one. Yep. heheh. Great prop. ;) -X

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 3:53 AM

Once again you've done it. Great shower. Wish I could get my cat to shower.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.