Sun, Oct 6, 1:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: UV Mapper Pro is here - I just can't type!

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 1:52 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 2:01 PM

Attached Link: http://uvmapper.com/uvmappro.html

Sorry, I was so excited I muffed up the message. I'm one of the first Pro owners on the block! Go here to download the demo version: http://uvmapper.com/uvmappro.html About 4 lines below the download line is the link to pay for the full copy. (It took me a few minutes to find the link for payment, being rather unobservant.) Enjoy!

thgeisel ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 2:14 PM

just dl it. first only the demo :-))

thgeisel ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 2:49 PM

And it Rocks :-))

Traveler ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 3:03 PM

Pro is incredible! The zoom and new selection features are worth every penny of the price, not to mention all of the other features. I have been using the preview mode alot! very handy.

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 3:10 PM

file_269824.jpg

If Columbus had been able to use UVMapper Pro on his maps he would have had no trouble persuading his crew to sail on :)

I whole heartedly endorse Steve's excellent program.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Tomsde ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 3:18 PM

Is it really complicated to use? I've had some trouble with Open GL and Vue 4.0, so I'm a little leary as to whether it will play nice with my N'Vidia GE Force 2 card. Anyone using Vue 4.0 and UV Mapper Pro. I think the part that you can use it in Photoshop is awsome. Waiting patiently for more reviews, but I'm temped to whip out my Master Card . . .

Eowyn ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 3:20 PM

The demo doesn't work for me. :( I have no idea why but if I try to start it, it'll just say "UVMapperPro.exe has generated errors yadda yadda..." :( I am NOT going to buy it unless I get to try it out first :(

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 3:35 PM

Eowyn - maybe some routine maintenance would help? (Clean out temp files, run Scan Disk, run System File Checker, threaten your computer with a large hammer ... ) BTW - I received my confirmation serial number for UVM Pro before I received my payment receipt. :-) (The site warns that it might take a few days to get the registered copy after payment is received.)

Cheers ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 3:50 PM

Yep, my registration info came very quick as well :) The only thing I miss with it, is the ability to import and export formats other than .OBJ, unlike LithUnwrap. The auto update feature in Photoshop (not to mention all the other features) makes up for the lack of import and export options, making UVMapper Pro worth the purchase price IMHO. Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

geep ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 3:55 PM

I like it!

It's great!

And, that's THAT!

cheers,
dr geep <------------------------------------------------------(a happy UV mapper, I is)
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Lyne ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 4:11 PM

I love it too! And the great thing about it's "open gl" shaded mode to view your model, is that it for some reason (thanks to Steve's genius!) it does not take up resources like other software in open gl mode.. at least it didn't for me... I do highly recommend Pro.. :) Lyne Lyne's Creations

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

geep ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 4:51 PM

Boy, THIS GUY is FAST! [as well as being good!]

Install was a snap. Just click on the "xxxx.reg" file and, presto! ...... it's in there.

First thing I did after d/l the pgm was to burn a CD with the pgm and all the tutorials. [which are excellent!]

I DON"T EVER WANT TO LOSE THIS BABY!!!!!!!!!

B'sides, just got a new 'puter and will have to reinstall it anyway, but, the next time my HDD crashes .... at least I'll still have UVMapperPro.

cheers,
dr geep <------------------------------------------------------(just a UVMappin' fool!)
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Valandar ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 5:06 PM

DARNIT!!!!! I have no way to buy anything online except with Renderosity Store Credit!!!

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Kiera ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 5:07 PM

Moan, I wish I weren't so broke. I don't even want to download the trial version, because it will make me crazy. =)

geep ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 6:03 PM

file_269825.jpg

I just hadda post this!

Lookit Penguinista's "atrium" ... it's FANTASTIC!!!

You can view the object from ANY angle ... [just wiggle yer mouse]
You can make the image bigger ...
You can make the image smaller ...
You can move the image up ...
You can move the image down ...
You can move the image right ...
You can move the ......

GEEP!!!

• huh? *

........................... what?

[cool it!]

Ok, ok, maybe I'm am just a little excited!

Anyway, it's the greatest!

cheers,
dr geep <------------------------------------(gonna be up all night playin' with UVMapperPro)
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Strangechilde ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 7:14 PM

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow... that looks FANTASTIC... that's a must have if ever I saw one! WHY don't I have a JOB!!!?! Oh yeah. That's right. I'm an academic.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 7:35 PM

Hehe - get in line... I gotta wait until NEXT MONTH before payday rolls around again... sigh /P

geep ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 9:49 PM

[if I can do it without revealing my secret identity]

I will buy UVMapperPro for the first person who can correctly answer this question. [I'm serious]

The question is:

What is the third letter (number) in the chemical formula for the "universal solvent?"

Anyone, anyone?

cheers,
dr geep <---------------------------------------------------------[getting wallet out]
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

cooler ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 10:06 PM

O

geep ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 10:16 PM

Is that a letter or a number?

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

cooler ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 10:23 PM

the letter O as in h2o

geep ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 10:31 PM

The correct answer is "water" - good ole H2O.

cooler,

I will contact Steve Cox and find out how I can pay for a copy and get it sent to you.

Plse send me an email so that I can let you know how you can get your "prize."

geep@cybertrails.com

Congratulations and

cheers,
dr geep <----------------------------------------------------------[ getting wallet out]
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 10:37 PM

cooler, I have emailed Steve Cox to find out how to get you your prize. cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Valandar ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 10:57 PM

DAMMIT... I didn't even get a chance... 8-(

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

geep ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 11:25 PM

This time the questions gonna be more difficult.
That I promise.

I will post a question in the "Poser Forum" within the next 24 hours and have the answers emailed directly to me.

I will NOT accept any answers within 24 hours after I post the question - in order to give anyone that wants to participate a chance.

cheers,
dr geep <---------------------------------------[puttin' on the thinkin' cap]
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

shadowcat ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 1:36 AM

ok geep I'm now keeping an eye on your posts (I knew it was H2O dammit)

geep ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 2:28 AM

There are 3 questions.

Here are the rules.
*** READ 'EM CAREFULLY ***

You must have the correct answers for ALL 3 questions to win.

You MUST email your answers to me, but NOT BEFORE 23:59 RST tonight,
Friday, February 8, 2002.
[RST = Renderosity Standard Time - look in the upper right hand corner of your screen]

I MUST receive your answers before 00:05 RST, Saturday, February 9, 2002.
That gives you a 5 minute window to send your answers.
Remember, DO NOT SEND YOUR EMAIL BEFORE 23:59 RST!

The first one to email me at:

geep@cybertrails.com

with all 3 correct answers will win.

If I receive your email before 23:59 RST, it will NOT count.
You have been warned! Do not answer too soon!

Ready! Here goes!

1. What is the next number in this sequence? 0,1,2,5,?

1. What is the next letter in this sequence? G E L N ?

1. A man goes outside his cabin and hikes 100 yards south. Then he turns and hikes 100 yards west. Next he turns and hikes 100 yards north and ends up where he started. Then he see a bear!

What color is the bear?

Ok, you got 'em. Good luck!

cheers,
dr geep <-------------------[tryin' to remember the answers]
;=]

P.S. I'll post the winner's name and the correct answers right here ASAP on Saturday morning.

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

chrisf ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 8:15 PM

I bought the early version a couple of weeks ago and when the upgrade version came out I found I had corrupted the key to register the program. Mr.Cox quickly answered my e-mails, solved the problem in one day. When I hear all the stories about the difficulties people have with net vendors it's good to know that there are people like Steve Cox who take the time to take care of their customers difficulties. Thanks Mr. Cox, and for a great program too!

Chrisf.

geep ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 12:45 AM

Haven't heard from you ... ... are you OK? cheers, dr geep <---------------------(worried 'bout cooler) ;=?

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 8:56 AM

heyas; valandar, et al: steve is using kagi payment processing service to sell his stuff. kagi DOES TAKE CHECKS or money orders, etc, so you don't need a credit card, you don't need pay pal, you... heck if you pay cash for your money order, you don't need a bank account. you do need to pay in us funds, though.

geep ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 10:29 AM

No one! Sorry. ;=[ Six entries were received and most got 2 out of 3 correct but nobody got all three answers correct. The correct answers are: ************************************************* QUESTION #1 - The correct answer is "26." take the first number and square it, then add 1 0 squared = 0 + 1 = 1 1 squared = 1 + 1 = 2 2 squared = 4 + 1 = 5 5 squared = 25 + 1 + 26 ************************************************* QUESTION #2 - The correct answer is "D." G enesis E xodus L eviticus N umbers D euteronomy ************************************************* QUESTION #3 - The correct answer is "white." The man's cabin is at the North Pole. If he walks south, then west, then north, he ends up exactly where he started; so the bear must be white. ************************************************* Since nobody won, I'll consider running another contest if anyone is interested. [shut-up geep, you just saved fifty bucks] Oh, oh! Thanks to all who participated. Better luck next time. cheers, dr geep <----------------------- (waiting for the "boo's" - or was it booze?) ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 10:30 AM

... JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T SEE THE OTHER THREAD. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 10:33 AM

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

shadowcat ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 11:45 AM

ah well, I tried.

geep ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 4:23 PM

"A" for effort, shadowcat, you get an "A" for effort. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

shadowcat ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 9:24 PM

yipee I get an "A"! (thought bubble says: dammit, I was hoping for UV pro) Ah, well there's always that ever-shrinking tax return check. 8*)

geep ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 11:21 PM

... another contest ....? Who knows? ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

judith ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 11:30 PM

tsk tsk such a tease ;p :))

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

geep ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 12:24 AM

... wish! ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

shadowcat ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 3:02 AM

anyway I can still practice with the demo, of course if I do anything good with it I'll hate myself. (such as doing a decent job of mapping the P4 hair - hint to everyone)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.