Sat, Sep 21, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Textures and croppings...

doruksal ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 4:02 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:34 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=137985&Start=1&Artist=doruksal&ByArtist=Yes

This time it was Meat Puppets' "Too High to Die"... With all its fluidity, this album was accompanying me while I was busy producing 2 works closely related. One is in the Photo Gallery, the other in the 2D. The link here is for the work in Photo Gallery... ...Mainly textures... Link for the work in 2D is to follow...

doruksal ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 4:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=137982&Start=1&Artist=doruksal&ByArtist=Yes

file_270075.jpg

Here is the link for the work in 2D Gallery, and a smaller version of it. I'm thankful to Finder for evoking a dominant obscession of mine: cropping abstracts out of a master photo... Once again, a scanner is a many splendoured thing..! Was not able to post the original works here, as they were rather hefty... :) Regards...

APFrey ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 6:09 PM

Nice work. I like what you did with the negs...

PunkClown ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 6:11 PM

The images are awesome Doruk, wonderful stuff! I really like your croppings of the original image and the format you've put them in. Both postings are quite impressive. As I said in the gallery, you should be proud of this work!

Misha883 ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 8:48 PM

I've never seen reticulation quite this, er, extensive. How did you do this? Flame? Really think it is a powerful and original effect.

Syyd ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 11:37 AM

IM with fred here....your post is amazing, the idea, the origin, what you've done....is intensively creative and the end result phenomenal...I also want to thank you for inspiring me to do something different.

bandred ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 5:14 PM

ditto from me ... original, creative and excellent execution.

doruksal ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 12:59 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=Rohyphnol

Thank you all for all your beautiful and encouraging comments... :)

When abstract pieces are cropped out of a master, I think it is only obvious to present them together some way or another as they are very closely related to each other, even when each and everyone of them may look completely different compositionaly.
What I tried to do in "... Croppings..." was the same (and thanks to computers that such a process is refreshingly easier when compared to those remembered painstaking darkroom works of the same kind)...

Rohyphnol had (the link here is to take you to his gallery) recently posted 2 great works where he has photographed abstractions around his subjects and then has arranged them together: "Kodak Cine" in 7th Feb, and "Canon NP-6221" in 6th Feb...
I guess many of you have seen them already, but if not, I'd humbly recommend those works to be seen..!

Thanx again, and regards... :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.