Sat, Sep 21, 1:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: StarShuffler Career

Syyd ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 11:45 AM ยท edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 2:04 AM

Just wondered what you decided, praying for you. Syyd

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 6:56 PM

Praying for her. Or praying for her to make the right decision! Actually, I think in her case either decision will be a good one. Bsteph

APFrey ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 8:18 PM

Judging by her current displays of talent, I don't think she can go wrong! There's a lot of demand for her kind of talent.

PunkClown ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 5:21 AM

Good thoughts to you whatever you decide Star. Remember there are no "right" or "wrong" decisions, only choices that we make that take us down different potential paths in our lives...

starshuffler ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 11:10 AM

Gee, thanks guys. I'm sooo touched (really). :-) I've been thinking about a lot of things, especially the posts down there, and here's my reply to the previous post: ------------------------------------------- What have I to lose? Nothing it seems, but I really value my control over my own time. Back when I was working for an advertising agency, I didn't feel like I had a life. I woke up early, I slept late, sometimes not at all. I was earning a steady, stable income, but I wasn't enjoying the fruits of my labor. It really felt like WORKING. I agree with Andrew, when you do something you love, it doesn't feel like working at all. So I quit. I tried writing down the pros and cons (that's what I actually do when in serious doubt), but I still have a hard time weighing things. The cons outnumber the pros, but the value of the pros is as important as the cons. And I love illustration and design, too; it will be hard on me when it comes to the point when I don't have the time for that anymore. I'm sure InK and the band will understand if I do take this offer, but I don't feel comfortable about abandoning commitment I just made two weeks ago. I'd like to believe I'm as true as my words. I rarely commit to anything unless I know I can deliver. One way to resolve this is for the studio to give me more time to accomplish what I can, and turn over the rest of the responsibilities to someone else. I can definitely go back to freelancing afterwards, but I have taken so much pride in being able to "survive" freelancing for almost two years now it's hard to let go of it. It's not that I'm scared of change, nor am I just making up excuses not to do it. I agree with Rork, it's not a valid reason not to do something. (The woman told me that she is looking for someone who is really moving towards the direction of professional photography, not someone who will quit because s/he doesn't feel like it. This adds up to my anxiety.) Then I ask my friends: "do you see me as a photographer?" (One thing I don't have a knack for is thinking long term. I never prided myself as having a good sense of direction, geographically or figuratively.) I guess I'm not emotionally prepared to restructure my life (or my lifestyle, for that matter) around something that is not so familiar, if not new to me. And now, the more I think about it I come to realize that more than anything else, I need strength to stand by whatever decision I make. ------------------------------------------------ And right now, I sit through the weekend, and wait (excruciatingly). Will call the woman for details early this coming week. Again I really thank you guys from the bottom of my ahem--heart (sorry for the cliche, my brain isn't working well lately). I value the nuggets of advice and I hope the best for myself, as well as for everyone. (((group hug!!!))) (*

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.