Sun, Oct 6, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Cleo or Gypsy Hair

Jcleaver ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 7:32 AM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:26 PM

I am looking to buy either the Cleopatra Power Hair or the Gypsy Hair. I can't really afford both right now. Can anyone guide me in my choice? What are the advantages of either one? I have hmann's Total Hair, and I am impressed with his work, so I will probably end up buying both at some point.

eirian ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 8:15 AM

Oh, tough question! Both are marvelous hair props. The Cleo hair is a long hair with a tied back section, with a range of hair colours (all with MAT files) and a huge range of morphs and pre-set style, much like the total hair package. The tied section can be morphed invisible, too. It's very versatile. The gypsy hair has a greater variety of looks: from a "bardot" look that's very long hair over the shoulders, to tied up looks, and it has some "messy" sections, too, for a more natural look. Gypsy hair also comes with a few jewelry props, if that makes a difference, and some of the MAT files set styles as well. But the range of colours supplied is less. I guess which one you should buy depends on what you're going to do with it. Cleo is more "neat and tidy", Gypsy is more "wild". Both are incredible hair models, well worth the investment. If you don't have much hair, you might find Gypsy the better one to begin with, as the variety of styles is a little greater. But it's a close call either way.

MadYuri ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 9:31 AM

Dosen't matter. Buy one now. Believe me, you will buy the other one later. ;)

Lyne ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 12:39 PM

I love the Cleo hair and have used it for adults AND the short hair version ! A close up of my gypsy girl with the cleo hair in vue: http://www.lynescreations.com/girl.htm and the little daz girls with the cleo hair here: http://www.lynescreations.com/vuepark.htm the one on the left.. I think I may have used some different hair for the blonde one... The cleo hair has LOTS of dials to change it, and a good pdf readme to help use it... and many colors of hair too! Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

JetM ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 2:39 PM

Oh Geez. I've become a huge hmann fan and have all three of the hair sets. The Gypsy set might be the most versitile. The flyaways are great for the "mussed" look. And it comes with a bunch of earring sets that are pretty cool. I guess if I were recommending one, that would be the one. But you may want to save your pennies to eventually get the other. hope it helps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.