Tue, Oct 22, 3:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: How much Memory is reccomended for Posing?

Niteland58 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 5:50 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:25 AM

I have 393MB of memory and it seems very slow, what's your advice on how much memory I should get or if I should just upgrade the processor. Let me know what you guys think.

StolenHeart20 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 7:23 PM

Why dont you give us member an idea of what your computer system is... your computers spec. Maybe the semi-geniuses here might help you out. The is one of the never ending threads.

lalverson ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 7:37 PM

680Tb

leather-guy ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 7:46 PM

tb-Terrabytes? Is that the Brittish or american terra?

ronknights ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 8:18 PM

My recommendation is to do some research. Check your computer's motherboard manual. Find out the maximum amount of memory, and then how it is configured now. For example: I have two slots for memory in my computer. They are SDRAM modules. The total memory my motherboard can handle is 512MB. I had a couple 64MB SDRAMS, and bought a 256MB. I took out one 64MB module, and gave it to my wife. Her memory slots are full with 128MB, and she's very happy with that amount. Later when I bought another 256MB SDRAM, I yanked out the 64MB SDRAM. It's nice if you have more than one computer, because you can often use the leftover parts in another computer. I'm collecting almost enough parts to create a whole new computer! Ron

sturkwurk ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 9:11 PM

I'd start with... PC or MAC? what operation system are you using? I'm on a WIN 2000 machine with 640 mb of ram... it rocks. (AMD 1,100) Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 9:42 PM

I have an AMD XP1800+ with 1 GB of ram on Winders 2000. I've experimenting with multiple characters with multiple textures and bump maps on one scene. No problems so far .

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Schlabber ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 9:42 AM

Well JVRenderer - I have about the same ... but the only thing I can say to this ... You can never have a fast enough machine ... Posing in shaded mode is still not perfect (for some bigger combined scenes especially with the high-poly DAZ-characters ...).

Goldfire ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 6:59 PM

I'm about to break down and buy a new computer, a local store has a nice 1.8 mHz pentium 4 with 512 MB RAM (drool!) on special. This poser hobby is getting REALLY expensive!

JVRenderer ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 8:58 PM

LOL expensive? hardware is hardly your concerns. Here's the break down. Computer: $650 (I reuse my old monitor, hd's and memory)Poser 4 $199, propack $149, Daz Victoria 1.0 $99, 2.0 upgrade $35..... shopping at Daz and Rosity market place for the last 4 months $2000, I think I lost track.. I vaguely remember getting my house refinanced sometimes last October.... (I think I need serious help)!

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.