Fri, Sep 20, 6:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Wrong number of vertices?

dkirk ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 9:52 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:54 AM

Followed the Morph World tuts regarding creating morphs with Rhino. So why do I still get "Wrong number of vertices" when trying to use the morph in Poser?

geep ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 10:01 PM

Poser can't count correctly. ;=] I, um, er, think they use something like, uh, ... binary, whatever that is? ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

MoonRose ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 10:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=522010

hello dkirk :) i had the same problem a while ago...here's a link to the thread that solved my problem... hope this helps... i know how much it can be a pain to get that error after you spend time working on a morph.

dkirk ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 11:30 PM

Well I'm using Vicki2 and I followed the attached link. The morph now gets into Poser but when turned up to 1.0 it explodes the Vicki head! I've tried all combinations, read Spikes tut which reads, "leave all settings at default", and it still comes out exploded. Guess I'm not destined to do my own morphs :(

geep ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 11:51 PM

That can happen when you have changed the absolute origin for that part as part of the morphing process, or rotated it in any direction, or changed any of it's "scale" properties.

An MT will only work properly if the only data that you modify in your modeling program are the position of the verticies.

You can not change the absolute position of the object that you are morphing or it very definately will "explode" when it is brought back into Poser.

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Roy G ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 11:26 AM

I have Rhino also and run into this problem a lot.

One thing that sometimes works is to import the morph as an object into poser. Then without changing anything export it back as a morph. Poser somehow saves it back in a more compatible form and the error goes away.

When it works this is a much simpler method then running it through compose.

MoonRose ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 12:45 PM

hello again... sorry to hear that it didn't help :( here's exactly what i do for a vicki morph... maybe this will help.. 1. from poser export just the head as an obj file.... and uncheck all the options except the last one (something about morph target) 2. to find out if it will work i run it through the obj-to-3dm program...if an error comes up i cancel the save. if not i save and make the morph in Rhino. (vicki's head gives me an error) 3. when the error comes up i open it in Compose... then i click on the All Objects tab on the left collum... it opens to show one thing(mine didn't have a name).. click on it and save it as an obj. 4. go to the obj-to-3dm program again and open the file you just saved... it shouldn't have any errors in it now... save it 5. open it in Rhino and make your morphs... then export it with the last 4 boxes not checked (like in the picture in the link). 6. open poser.. load vicki... add the morph to her head... and hopefully it will work without exploding wow thats alot!! i know its a pain sometimes... make sure that you don't move vicki's head in rhino... you can rotate the view... but don't move the head itself. now i hope this helps ya this time... cause if it doesn't i'm all out of ideas good luck!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.