Mon, Sep 9, 4:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Texturing Software?

LeeEvans ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 12:11 PM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 1:28 PM

Need some advice... I've looked at ZBrush and downloaded the demo, but can't really test it because of the demo's limited license. Does anyone know of a shareware, freeware or limited use (fully functioning but time limited) version of a similar program? I aready have Adobe Photoshop... so that isn't what Im looking for... :) Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks All! - Lee

leather-guy ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 12:26 PM

If you have Poser4, there's a copy of painter 3D comes on the Contents Disk. Something you could try.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 12:48 PM

GIMP is free, but it only does everything that Photoshop does. You could try Maxon's Cinema4d which has a great texturing plugin, but it ain't free (they do have a demo you can try, though, if memory serves.) /P

MadYuri ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 1:12 PM

I think ZBrush is the most inexpensive 3D texturing software. BodyPaint (the Cinema 4D Plugin) and Deep Paint 3D are way more pricey. There is no free software that I know of. Maybe your best bet is UVMapper Pro which gives you a realtime 3D view while you work in Photoshop.

MadYuri ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 1:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.uvmapper.com/uvmappro.html

I forgot the link. :P

jade_nyc ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 2:13 PM

Lee - if the serial ran out on your ZBrush demo you can ask them for another to let you use the demo longer. They have no problems with that. I think that ZBrush is just awesome for texturing models, especially with the TextureMaster ZScript they came out with. You should download it and play the tut that comes built in to see what ZBrush and TextureMaster can do. Right now it's available for $292 from Pixologic and I believe $272 from Daz and it's a great buy at that price. I'm not going to kid you, it has a learning curve. There is also a large and enthusiastic user base that is willing to help you over whatever 'humps' you come across in ZBrush at ZBrush Central and at 3DC's ZBrush forum.

Cheers ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 3:46 PM

Just to clarify that Maxon's BodyPaint is not just a Cinema 4D plugin, as it can be used as a standalone application as well :) Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

MeInOhio ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 7:10 PM

So who uses BodyPaint? How does it compare to Deep Paint 3d? I know it's a lot cheaper especially when you add in the cost of texture weapons. Thanks. If it matters, I'd be using it with Lightwave, Poser, Cararra, and Bryce. Kevin

melanie ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 8:27 PM

A few years ago, I bought the full version of Painter 3D and I could never use it. It was too confusing and difficult to use. I ended up uninstalling it. It just wouldn't put the textures where I wanted them and the tools didn't seem to work well. I find it a lot easier to use Photoshop to create textures. I use the templates that either come with objects, or I create them with UVMapper and then paint them in Photoshop Elements or PSP. Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.