Tue, Oct 22, 10:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Vue 4.03-02 Render to Disk problem

Moonbiter ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 11:39 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:32 AM

Whenever I render to disk, Vue locks up at the end of the render. When I ctrl alt del, to end task it shows that Vue is not responding. Once I close it out and then restart Vue, I get a message stating that it found an abnormally interepted render and asks if I would like to save it. If I say yes, my rendered scene is saved. While I'm happy to have my pic is this normal?

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 11:43 AM

heyas; how long after it is 'finished' rendering did you wait before hitting the button? do you have glowing materials in your image? vue might be finishing up the glow, or finishing writing the image. it may appear to be 'not responding' because it is busy doing this. try letting it go a little while longer before you try to pull the plug on it.

Varian ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 1:26 PM

Are you using 4.03 or 4.05? There was a problem in 4.02 with rendering to disk, but I believe that was cleared up with 4.03.

MightyPete ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 3:15 PM

Ya got to watch if you have glowing materials. Even if you remove those materials before you start the render Vue never forgets and when the render is finnished like it says 100 % it's still not done and will do two more faster passes one for glow and then antialsed for the glow. Even if you removed those textures. It still will do those two passes.

Other thing is watch out that your swap file is not consumming your entire c drive. I had that problem and if you bring up the task manager it will report that Vue has stopped responding even though Vue is working perfectly and if you just wait Vue will convert these massive files into your final image saved to disk just like you are expecting.

If you kill vue and restart it, it will find these data files and let you then save them but if Vue was not done of course your going to be missing something. there is a thread here somewhere that explains this wierdness and how exactly to get around it. I'll see if I can find it.

MightyPete ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 3:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=500816

Found the link. Go down and read my post near the bottom...

Moonbiter ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 10:19 PM

Thanks everyone this gives me something to go on. near as I can tell the glow wasn't active, but I will do some testing soon and figure it out. Thanks again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.