Tue, Oct 22, 12:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 18 12:33 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: New Hair - Please help me name it!

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 10:50 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:34 AM

file_272738.jpg

Hi All, This is a preview of a new conforming hair figure I am busy with. Just one problem - I have no idea what to call it! Please suggest a name for it, and if I use the name you suggest, you will get it for free once it is complete and in the MarketPlace. Comments very welcome.

genny ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 10:57 PM

How about Marlena Hair? I am only saying that because that is my daughter's name and even though her hair is black, it reminded me of her. (: Genny

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:03 PM

I think "Heather" hair. Of all the Heathers I've ever known, they all had hair like this. By the way, it's great! -WTB

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:05 PM

Silky - The girl too :) Lyrra

rain ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:06 PM

Great hair! I think you should name it Claire ;-)

wolfetrap ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:07 PM

Kinda reminds me of Jennifer Love-Hewitt. Why not JL Hewitt Hair?

Mike

Gazukull ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:09 PM

Hair?! Where is the shirt from is my question? :p - Gazzy

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:10 PM

Teika (one of my fictional characters -- she has a similar hairstyle).

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:14 PM

Thank for the suggestions so far - I will wait to see what other suggestions are made. Gazukull: The String top is part of my "Rollerblade Kit" which is currently in testing by the Store staff. Hopefully it will be available before the end of the week.

geep ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:14 PM

"Golden Waterfall"
-or-
"Rusty Lockes"

;=]

Did I win, did I win??????????????

cheers,
dr geep <--------------------------------------------(never had any patience)
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Helen ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:18 PM

Oh I am hopeless at naming things.. but here goes Shawna Hair

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

CarolineG ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:20 PM

How about TGND Hair, like in The Girl Next Door? She looks totally cool, great job! Caro

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:25 PM

What about Beach girl? it looks a lot like the hair that all of the girls used to wear to stroll under the boardwalk.

leather-guy ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:31 PM

Looks like Cher, to me.

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:36 PM

You mentioned the rollerblade kit.....will the hair be seperate to the kit? What is in the kit?

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:43 PM

file_272739.jpg

Sacred Rose: Here is the MP picture from the Rollerblade kit... and yes the hair will be sold on its own.

Cin- ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:48 PM

I'm not good at these things, no one ever likes my names... but I used to work with a girl named Samantha, and her hair looked exactly like this... so that's my suggestion... either Samantha, or Sam Hair...

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2002 at 11:56 PM

Looks like California hair to me. ;-)

...... Kendra

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 12:09 AM

No one's used Hairrietta, yet. (Had to be said) G

cinnamon ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 12:15 AM

young and carefree hair

Kiera ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 12:18 AM

Cute package, DW =) I love the top, particularly how the strings lay over her collarbones.

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 12:22 AM

mmm - too many choices... I must admit I'm tending towards "California Hair" at the moment... Keep the suggestions coming though ;-)

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 12:25 AM

Dark Whisper - What Vic character did you use in these pictures; I just took a closer look at the FACE in the first pic - with that hair she's nearly a dead-rnger for my last girlfriend! I'd love to get the character, as well as the hair! (Smiling Nostalgically)

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 12:29 AM

leather-guy: Sure she looks like your ex nodding head understandingly ;-) The character is Nicole available in my store.

queri ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 12:29 AM

California Girl is what it reminds me of-- you get Beach Boys and Venice Beach thrown in and it matches the Rollerblades. But I defer to Kendra who first mentioned California. We all like California Girls. Um, any chance of getting a Mike Fit???? It would look great on him. No bangs. Love the package. Even without the hair.

cwshorty ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 12:35 AM

Hmm...how about Whispering Tresses or Whisper Locks, Whisper Falls, Whisper/ing Strands/Mane. Hey this is fun.... Ok ok, I'll stop while I'm a head - HAHAHA no pun intended. Nice job!

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 12:49 AM

Scarlett, as in Scarlett O'Hara from gone with thw wind. Whatever name I will be in the queue to buy.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 1:13 AM

file_272741.jpg

queri: Great idea about making the hair fit to Mike. I did a quick render to test it. Here it is - he looks very "Indian" ;-)

DreamstoGo ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 1:14 AM

How about California Tress'es

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 1:20 AM

Dark Whisper Thanks! I've got the Nicole Pkg in my shopping cart, but I hadn't noticed the resemblance until I saw her with the new hair (guess the face-shape isn't that close). I'll look forward to getting the (insert name here) Hair when released. I'm really impressed with just how much your Nicole looks like Liz (my ex)! Her eyes looked a bit more malencholy, and her smile was twisted a little to the left, but with a little adjustment for age (Liz was 28) the resemblance is astounding! Nice work!

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 1:22 AM

leather-guy: I promise I've never met her ;-)

Maira ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 2:19 AM

How about "Lilly hair"?

Poison_Ivy ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 2:21 AM

I vote for California hair.

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 2:42 AM

And the winner is..... ((((Kendra))) for his suggestion of "California Hair"! Thanks Kendra - I will contact you to arrange the delivery of your "prize" ;-) Thanks to all for the commments and suggestions. The package should be in the MarketPlace in the next few days...

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 4:43 AM

I love it, it looks great. Sharen

macmullin ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 5:32 AM

Nice Hair ...Adriana or Almudena are the names that come to mind. Dale MacMullin

saxon ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 7:13 AM

I'd have gone for 'full, long and feathered' but 'California' sounds OK.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 7:16 AM

Waterfall hair.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

SWAM ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 8:41 AM

Why not "Trendy-#1" - because it looks like hair that we (some of us) have . And I hope there will be more to come. Looks very, very good. And to Cin: dont name it carefree, that is the name in germany for a "womans-thing" LOL

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 8:59 AM

A question - would you be so kind as to provide texture maps for the shirt and boots? I look forward to making textures for both :) /P

dragon3d ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 10:00 AM

I'm not good at this plus Im a newbie but here goes. How about SoftFlow hair. It looks soft and it seems to be able to flow nice.

dragon3d ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 10:02 AM

Ooooops :O) Im a wee bit late me thinks...LOL Newbies are like that :O)

Vaio_Con_Dios ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 10:23 AM

How about Nona hair??? I like the name Nona. Sincerely, VCD

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 11:05 AM

Thank you, Dark Whisper, and it's 'her'. (I'm a she) :-) Looks great on Mike too!

...... Kendra

ElectricAardvark ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 3:43 PM

Califoria is the first thing that can to mind. I say California Hair or SoCal Hair

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 10:48 PM

doh sorry Kendar LOL. To all the other suggestions - thanks, but I have decided on California hair. The product is already pending validation by the Store Staff. Also - the other product pictured here "Rollerblade Kit" is now available in my store

oruda ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 2:39 PM

Very nice & cute hair. What about "Shaleen Hair" The name of my daughter ;-)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 1:13 PM

Shouldn't California Hair automatically include Hollywood & San Francisco Hair too? ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.