Mon, Sep 9, 7:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: LOST! Anton Kisiel's Posable Dragon

pdblake ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 7:48 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 2:57 PM

Can anyone give me the link to download Anton's dragon. My machine crashed with a big bang and I lost it. I need it desperately.

Ikyoto ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 7:58 AM

I just grabbed it yesterday at Chemical Sutdios (link to the right under Web Resources) I love that dragon. Simple, easily mapped and bumped. As soon as I'm happy with the bump map I'll mail it to you or post it. I am also (today in fact) making some textures for it. A sleek creature like that needs more attention. IF (note that it's a big "if") I can get the head into RDS I am going to try and make some sneer and eyebrow morphs to make him look meaner.

pdblake ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 8:14 AM

WOW! I really needed a quick reply, but that was really quick. Thanks Ikyoto. Just got it downloading now. You're right about the model, it really is good. the only thing that does bother me is the readme file that comes with it. It just says that you can't sell the model. Does this mean I can use the images I make commercially or not. I've tried emailing Anton but have had no response in over a week. Any ideas. By the way the morphs would come in really handy. I made a brilliant red dragon attacking an amazon with this figure, unfortunately when my machine decided to lay down and die.....well let's just say I was close to tears.

Ikyoto ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 8:16 AM

I think you can't sell the model itself. We should contact Anton about this but the GENERAL rule is that the render's you make are yours to do with as you please.

Ikyoto ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 8:20 AM

I would have been quicker in my initial responce, but I did't have my machine fully booted up. I consider anything to do with Dragons a priority this year. A 10 minute delay in my responce is a serious breach of morals on my part. Please forgive me... (and if you see my doctor tell him I need mroe tof the little yellow pills.)

pdblake ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 8:30 AM

Are you just sat there watching this thread, waiting for a chance to pounce on the keyboard. Incidentally you'll find a pill in freestuff. Unfortunately it's got arms and legs and might be a bit hard to swallow, it's called spot I think. Anyway, I,m no going to download my entire website. Yes, I lost that too, damn Windows (has anyone done a model of Bill Gates with an exploding head morph, it'll probably outsell windows).

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 11:10 AM

hey now... the pill does NOT have arms and legs. what medications are YOU on, pd?? next thing you'll be telling us your pills talk to you. ;) (just teasing!)

Ikyoto ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 12:28 PM

uh.... you mean they DON'T talk to you??? I think I need to talk to my doctor....

Fonseca ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 2:04 PM

Misery loves company. My Windows 95 also went stinko, and I had to reformat my c drive to clear up the mess. Thank God I saved all my important files on my zip drive. ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR FILES ON A ZIP DRIVE!! IF YOU ARE MAKING A SCENE IN POSER, OR BRYCE, BACK IT UP ON A ZIP DRIVE EVERY FEW MINUTES. Gate's Microsoft Company might be behind the buggy Windows software, but there are also human slugs out there who love to create viruses to wreck other people's computers. If I ever encounter, a virus maker, in a public place, I'll cripple the bastard, so he won't ever be able to use a computer again. In the olden days virus makers would have been hanged; let's hang them again, by piano wire. I like that dragon, too. Can Anton really take somebody to court over his textures? I understand he worked hard on them, but copyrighting them seems a bit like over doing things. I can understand Anton copyrighting the dragon model, but not the textures. Fonseca the Enforcer

Ikyoto ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 2:45 PM

The first two morphs are up folks... the left and right upper lip sneers. The right one nneds a little smoothing, but it still looks ok to me. I am going to do some for the eyebrows and ears so we can strat making him look really mean/pissed/hurt/amused. If you have any more ideas email me. I now know (at least for this mesh) what I'm doing and want to make more morphs... so put on your skull caps and let the fires burn.

Fonseca ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 3:43 PM

Thanks Ikyoto!!!! I'll try them out, soon. Those pills must be working.

lmacken ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 8:00 PM

Yellow? The only choice I got was red and blue... BTW, if you don't have a Zip drive yet; go straight to CD-R. There is nothing quite like the feeling of relaxed confidence you get from having your info on magneto-optical media. A blank disk costs one dollar; six Zips disks are approx. US$xx.99.

Ikyoto ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 9:16 PM

I do count myself lucky. I get my zips at under wholesale.. the company I work for is a distributer for Iomega and I have a internal SCSI-Zip 250, and external and every month they give me a pair of blanks.... You wouldn't believe how many of my firends have pretty red zips labeled "Not for Resale"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.