Mon, Sep 23, 11:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:52 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: New Marketplace Product Preview - Feudal Samurai Akira Usagi

communion ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:20 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 9:42 AM

Attached Link: New Marketplace Product Preview - Feudal Samurai Akira Usagi

file_273384.jpg

Here is a preview of a product I am currently developing, nearly complete. He will be available very soon. Akira Usagi a feudal Samurai, comes with meticulously layered conforming clothing items, including a Male Haori (kimono) with Hakama (Trousers with shinguard morph), Suneate (shinguards) Kote (arm guards), Hachi Maki (headband), sandals with tabi morph, Helmet and Menpo (war mask with neck guard, and the Do (armor), two katanas, and the belt. There will be two versions of the armor available, the functional version is shown, but I am also working on an "ornamental/ceremonial" version as well. There will also be a non conforming prop version available on an attractive stand with a glass case, specifically for display as a scene prop. Also available will be the texure maps and character file for Akira himself with Asian facial morph, (Michael 2.0 required). General feedback is appreciated. Co(V)(V)union

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:25 PM

Wow..... need a tester????? That's gorgeous stuff.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:31 PM

General Feedback - Ummmm.....WOW! Double and Triple WOWS!

kayjay97 ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:32 PM

I second that need a tester.... holy moley!!! Well.... dear ole hubby is going to hit up again!! LOL

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

kjer_99 ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 1:18 PM

The clothing is excellent. Very well done! But, having spent several years in Japan years ago, I have to say that I am disappointed at the skin texture of your character. It is entirely too yellow for starters and does not look like skin to me regardless of its color; not natural looking at all. After all that work on the clothing and armor, not to mention the face, the skin is not worthy of the rest of your effort. Basically, if you were just selling the clothing and armour, etc. I'd be interested. But I wouldn't buy it for the present character because of the skin. Hope this helps. kjer_99

kiru ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 3:42 PM

depending on price and mapping, ill find the money for this, but id like a little stronger bump map on that, since it all apprears to be flat. Also, should the breast plate be so large and have such a huge gap tween it and the body? I also wonder was there yellow in the lighting on the render (hint hint skin color?) It looks great, nice work, and of course, i will offer to test it

nfredman ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 4:19 PM

Holy cow! i've been wanting a good set of feudal samurai armor...for Mike, yeah...This is going to be SWEET. Still some work to do, i see: the ties on the top of the breast plate, being textures only, don't look too great. Yes, the breast plate has some problems, but i think you'll iron those out OK. :^) And yes, the skin is way yellow; i thought this was an African/American person, with those features! Maybe it's the lighting in the render, too? This is going to be so nice! Keep going! Tidy up those details!

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 10:00 PM

PRetty sweet!

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 10:12 PM

Yowch! I want! Would there be a Vicky version after that? Yes, I realize that would not be terribly correct historically, but I'd love to get matching his & her armor. The haori, especially, I'd love to see for Vicky.

communion ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2002 at 1:37 AM

Thanks for all the input guys. Yeah you are right, this is still a work in progress, all issues mentioned above are being taken into account, and revised for the release. Should be ready some time next week. In the meantime, I will post any updates here in the forum. Stay tuned! Co(V)(V)union

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.