Fri, Sep 20, 1:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Victoria 2 vs Victoria 1

Kendra ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2002 at 9:09 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:41 AM

Ok, I don't have Victoria but everything from the free stuff to the marketplace seems to be made for Vicki. I'm obviously going to have to get her.

Victoria 1 at $20 is most definitely easier for me than Victoria 2 at $60. For those more experienced than me, is there anything I should consider? What's different about them that would make a difference?

...... Kendra

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2002 at 9:16 PM

Basically Victoria 2 is the same mesh, but with TONS more morphs. I've seen some products & freebies that need the Vic2 morphs to work (mostly characters). But nearly all the products will work to some extent with Vic 1. Check the product descrips or readme's to be sure.

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2002 at 9:17 PM

Basically Vicky 2 is more sophisticated, has more morphs than Vicky 1. I know it's hard to come up with $60. What you can do is buy Vicky 1, then use her for awhile. Then when you're ready, spend $39.95 to upgrade to Vicky 2. Ron

Kendra ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2002 at 9:25 PM

Wow you guys are quick. :-) That answers my question though. I'll definitely start with #1 and work up. :-)

...... Kendra

ookami ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2002 at 9:31 PM

Dont' forget... Vicki 2 comes with Vicki 2 P4 which is a model cut and scaled like P4 Female (and can wear P4 female clothing), but which accepts Vicki face morphs and Vicki textures!

shadowcat ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2002 at 9:34 PM

victoria 1 is your basic vicki, she can't wear P4 cothes (you probably already knew that) but you can put her head onto a P4 body. Vicki 2 is basically an expansion pack & includes a P4 version. everything in the freestuff & marketplace can be a little misleading. To me it seems as if there are far more things made for the P4's then for the milliniums. The P4's have been adapted to take vicki & mike textures. The majority of the good items are for the P4 (freestuff) but most of the newer commercial items appear to be for vicki. my advice: If you're short on funds then enter all of the contests you can, there is one going on right now with the theme "colours" You could enter the daz one if you had mike 2, but keep your eye on daz's site they usually give gift certificates just for entering. I'll agree with ron here as well, start with vicki 1, and collect and make morphs for her. you may decide you don't need to upgrade. your choice.

EricTorstenson ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 11:08 AM

Frankly, I would highly recommend anyone relatively new to poser to get Vicky 2. I am just beginning to learn to use magnets, but with V2, I have created several very different characters, all of which I think are attractive and realistic. However, since the upgrade doesn't cost any extra, no harm in getting started sooner. (I am surprised they don't penalize you for going that route. I've never seen any other product where you can get to the same place two different ways for the same amount of cash) eric

DreamstoGo ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 3:49 PM

Most of the free stuff for Victoria uses Victoria clothes CD. I think in the long run it's best to get Vicky2 and clothes all at same time.

Blitter ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2002 at 1:32 PM

I agree with Eric -- if you can afford the $60, then Vicky 2 is well worth it. Depending on what you use Poser for, you may find Vicky 2 to be far more realistic and enjoyable to work with. Ron had a good suggestion with the upgrade...but if you're only ever going to get one -- then get Vicky 2 if at all possible -- she is a GREAT model!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.