Fri, Sep 20, 6:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: I/O BAD MEDIA?

dkirk ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 3:28 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:44 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=574168

Got no luv from the Bryce forum so here goes - tried to import a poseable prop (DEL's bug) from POSER PP into Bryce 4 as an .obj and got, "A file error has occurred (i/o, bad media)." Any help?

JeffH ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 3:40 PM

Do you have the B4 update from Corel?

Anzan ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 3:42 PM

Try remapping it through UV mapper. It ussualy works for me. Other than that.. I duuno. Anz

dkirk ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 3:50 PM

Yeah, I have the update for Bryce and yeah I ran it through UV Mapper. UV mapping it tho makes DEL's original texture and bump map unusuable. That is what I was really trying to avoid.

Petunia ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 4:07 PM

dkirk.. I don't have bryce, but I have vue, and sometimes it won't take an (obj) object without me deleting the material (mtl) file that goes out with it. Just a thought.. I don't know if that is the same trouble.

DEL ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 4:37 PM

Attached Link: http://pages.prodigy.net/d.lofton/

file_275163.jpg

Hi! no remapping won't exactly work, since the legs are seprate. But the texture maps (3) are available at my site if you'd like to strip the mtl file off. I tried dkirk's problem and it worked fine for me, although I, currently do not have PP (wish I did). I can only assume that the problem would have something to do with the way PP exports OBJ files or the materials attached to them. The T-maps are in the STUFF section of my site.

dkirk ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 5:27 PM

Makes me MAD AS HELL :) when everyone else can do it except for me. Yeah Poser Pro Pack strikes again I guess. Thanx Del and I'll just resort to using the seperate tex maps.

DEL ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 5:45 PM

sorry I couldn't do more...:-/

ronknights ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 7:08 PM

I don't know diddly about Bryce, but the I/O Bad media implies a problem with a hard drive, cd, wherever the item is stored. Of course some programs have been known to lie. Poser loves to use the "out of memory" error message all the time. Ron

JeffH ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 10:37 PM

There's no need to re-map in UVmapper, just open it and save it out again :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.