Tue, Oct 22, 9:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: "Missing texture" bug

headhunter ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 1:03 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:45 AM

Anyone else have this problem? If I load a figure or PP2 prop that's missing a texture/bump/etc. I get a message asking if I want to continue looking for missing textures If I say Yes, it comes back around and asks me for the same texture again. If I say No, Poser hangs and the cursor motion slows to a crawl. I see no disk activity to indicate that it's doing Anything! Why can't it just load the object without the textures when I tell it not to look for any missing textures? It doesn't do this all the time, but more often than not.

smallspace ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 1:37 PM

Actually, Poser isn't hanging. It's just busy thinking about things. If you go away for about 5 or 10 minutes, it will finally load the file (without the texture) Why it takes so long? I have no idea.

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 1:59 PM

Gee, I never tried waiting it out, I always thought it was just locked up! But this happens to me all the time, I have zillions of textures, somtime I delete an old one and then try to load something using it. Sometimes you can tell Poser another file, and it will accept it, sometimes you have to rename something with that name.

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 4:37 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

You can tell it load anything basically and it keeps asking esp for people because it asks for each part of the figure separately (i.e. skin, eyes, eyelash,etc.) So either way it will take some time. I usually uncheck all textures and resave it so it won't do that again. This way even if the path to the textures changes you can just apply anything you want.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 8:23 PM

Not 100% sure, but does the update/patch address this issue? PhilC

headhunter ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 8:48 PM

Phil: Nope, just did it to me today with the patch installed. I knew it asked for each textured part, which is why it's so annoying when it happens to a figure or a prop w/lots of textures. If there's only one or two missing, it pauses then continues on its merry way. Why doesn't it know to do what Sirdean suggests, simply set the texture to NO_MAP for each part with a missing map? That's what I thought I was telling Poser to do when I answered NOT to continue looking for missing textures! What in blazes is it DOING all that time!?

lmacken ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 8:56 PM

Poser Macinstaller 1.0 by MartinC will de-reference those textures as a batch process (supposedly, I haven't tried). ...that your OS? I've downloaded it but haven't tackled it yet, it will do so much it scares me. It sorts everything into your Runtime folder and makes it all happy. It will alias everything into an ExtraRunTime folder so you can keep the Runtime folder unmodified. I expect it to be as indespensible as his Poser Maconverter 1.1.2.

headhunter ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 11:36 PM

Has anyone compared the CR2 of a file that has missing textures with one after Poser has "processed" it this way? I know that once a file has been loaded and resaved Poser doesn't go thru the whole mess again. Maybe it is changing the CR2. Seems a cumbersome way to handle it tho. Didn't think of turning the R/O attribute on, if it IS rewriting the CR2, then it WILL go thru the "missing texture" stuff each time b/c the file hasn't changed. Something to look into I guess.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.