Sat, Sep 21, 9:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: The Software Snobs Question....Very Amusing....lol

rudipooimf ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2002 at 2:14 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:49 AM

Attached Link: http://www.dynagrind.com

Well i was reading a thread from a few days ago and thought i'd throw out my two cents and see if anyones with me. I admit that i'm not the greatest modeler in the world. I am horrible at organic modeling especially, thats why i do alot of setting work. When i heard that people were trashing poser artists for using the tool and that they may as well use Photoshop and paint their work etc, it struck me. Even if i used Photoshop to do a peace that was photorealistic...isn't it still artwork? Yea i didn't use a 3d Application to do it, but it's still 3d. Anyways it's all about the art and not how it was conceived. All those software dorks can pucker up...lol. I use MAX myself and i love poser too. http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=141038&Start=1&Sectionid=1&Form.Search=rudipooimf A max render using poser. What can be better...lol

DominiqueB ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2002 at 3:19 PM

In the big animation houses (i.e. Pixar etc..), nobody does it all, one guy models, another one just paints textures, another one animates, another one does the lip-sync and yet a nother will do only the lighting. Does that make them any less artists?? Is Toy Story any less of an artistic achievment because one guy didn't do it all? These snobs feel a little threathened by something like Poser, that's affordable. I personnally don't have the time to model, and rig new characters from scratch, anyone who has done it knows how time consuming it is, Michael & Victoria offer so much customization that I can get the variety I need. I model in Lightwave and I am not ashamed to say I use Poser.

Dominique Digital Cats Media

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.