Tue, Oct 22, 1:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 15 1:50 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Jan / Feb Challenge - Sci-Fi scene... Voting

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 10:16 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:01 AM

Ok every one... we're come to the end of the first challenge of 2002... Here are the entries: shyne187:
TRON Cinema1954:
Two from Cinema... 2001 Space Odyssey - Hanger 2001 Space Odyssey - centrifuge
GTutko:
E.T.
DurFea:
Lord of the Rings
reconscious:
5th Element
greyhound3D:
And while not a Sci-Fi movie, classic Sci-fi in my book... Ghost Rider
Let the voting begin: I have to go with Cinema1954. Both scenes are very true to the movie. :)

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 10:18 PM

Hmmm... seems greyhound3D Removed the image right about the time I was posting this.. so the last link doesn't work. :( Ghost Rider, I guess, has been withdrawn from the challenge. :/

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2002 at 7:46 AM

Though the Lord of the Rings and 2001 images are good, I have to go for the Tron one - it captures the feel of the scene very well.

RimRunner ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2002 at 6:41 PM

No problem. I understand system failures. Glad to see your back on-line :) Great entry too btw. I loved that game. :) A 3D'ers RTS. ;)

Delrino ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 7:07 AM

...voting for the ET-picture...

shyne187 ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 7:57 AM

After recently seeing the Film I'm going to vote for the Lord of the Rings Picture (VVgood). Although the 2001 pictures are good, I thought they lacked emotion.

TRLee ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 3:49 PM

My vote goes to Tron. Simple, yet true to the film. Well done. That's my 2 cents.

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 4:07 AM

My vote goes to "2001 - Centrifuge". It's a nice looking image.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 12:31 PM

Voting so far: Tron - 2 2001 - 2 L.O.T.R. - 1 E.T. - 1 have a day or so more to break the tie. :)

kilik2021 ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 4:03 AM

My vote goes to the Tron picture, very good

AlphaJoe ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 5:27 PM

I like the Tron one myself. Put my vote in for that one. I will have to go pick up that DVD. Haven't seen the original movie in a while, just the one they showed on TNT recently. It has also been a very long time since I saw the original wide-screen version.

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 11:36 PM

Well, we've had a week of voting.. and it looks like TRON won!! :) Congrats shyne187 You get to pick the next months challenge. We'll work the next General challenge from the 1st of March through to the last week of March, leaving just a few days for voting.

shyne187 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 4:07 AM

Thanks for the votes peeps... I think the next challenge is going to be... "What Scares You The Most" now you vary thiss on any theme, whether it be Sci Fi, Fact, Fiction, Horror, General Phobias even your mother in law. Have Fun, I can't wait to see the entries.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.