Mon, Sep 9, 7:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Chain Mail Girl Character

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 11:24 AM ยท edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 7:50 PM

Attached Link: Another of my art sites

Ok, I can now import figures in Mac's P4 pretty well. I brought the Jungle Babe in and she works great. Now I've run into a problem with the Chain Mail Girl. The .obj file can't be loaded and causes the character to stop loading after I get an out of memory message (I have plenty of memory). I found no Mac conversion utilities for the .obj and MacConverter didn't do it. Has anyone else run into these probs? Thanks for all the feedback, bye the way.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

jje ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 12:49 PM

On my Mac a converted OBJ file will have a PC icon. If the icon for your OBJ is the "generic blank page" then I don't think it is going to work. Run it thru Maconverter again. Then make sure you have placed the OBJ into the Geometries folder and double check that it doesn't want to be an another explicitly named folder. You have a lot of memory but have you assigned it to Poser in Get Info? I routinely run Poser 4 in a 100 MB space. jje

omegaman ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 3:17 PM

the ultramorphwoman 2 crashes my system everytime I try to render. Any ideas- 8.5.1 b/w g3 300 256mbram 128 to poser Help!

lmacken ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 9:08 PM

After Poser Maconverter I have to drop them on OBJconvert (by Hulbert) before they work.

lmacken ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 9:11 PM

...ummm; look for Poser3 PC-Mac Converters.

jje ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 12:36 AM

OMEGAMAN try really cranking the memory and see what happens. If it still hangs on you that I would suspect the character files themselves. I haven't tried to render her myself. Anybody? jje

TwoPynts ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 8:46 AM

I have all the PC to Mac Converters I could find and ran it through that, but it still hangs. My 400MHz G3 at work, with 540 Megs of RAM should be able to handle ANY memory issues, but when I get to the obj file, it still craps out. Maybe it's the file because I tried importing it into Bryce4 and got the same prob.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 8:48 AM

Also, has anyone been able to access the new rendererotica site yet? i get an unknown host message when I try to visit it.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 8:50 AM

Never mind. It's finally up.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.